This was our second visit in two years in late July when we enjoyed 10 nights in this idyllic hotel. We stayed again in one of the Cottage suites on the wooded hillside above the tree canopy and this year's suite 305 was even more secluded than the one in 2012. We have nothing but excellent comments about this accommodation which had an upgraded bathroom with a huge stand alone shower cubicle and an outside deck which was almost double in size to the one we had last year. The views over Tongsai Bay were spectacular and the privacy, total - that's what 84 steps give you!!
As before Tongsai Bay excelled in every respect from housekeeping, food and beverage, buggy boys, comfort and superb friendliness from every member of staff.
The quality of an establishment can quickly be measured by it's response to unforeseen problems and again, we received 200% from management when we encountered a difficulty. We returned from a day out on a boat around the island which ended in a tropical storm and we needed the air conditioning more than ever. However, overnight it broke down and was promptly repaired the following day. Sadly the fault recurred and when we reported this the next morning Mark Harrison, Hotel Manager, immediately came to the rescue. He advised us to take our breakfast as normal and he would sort out the problem. Within 10 minutes he was at our breakfast table offering to move us for the remaining five days of our stay to a Pool Villa. His staff quickly and efficiently moved our belongings and ourselves and within a couple of hours we were installed in the height of luxury and convenience.
This at a time when the hotel was over 90% occupied; we understand that things can sometimes go wrong and we believe that the reaction from hotel management, especially Mark, was phenomenal.
Thank you Tongsai, thank you Mark; we can offer no higher recommendation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tongsai Bay is located on Ko Samui, an island in the Gulf of Thailand just a short travel distance by air from Bangkok and across the southern peninsula. The view of Tongsai Bay is hypnotic, as its set amidst a secluded ocean cove; an eco-friendly colony of cottages, low rise buildings and villas barely displacing the lush greenery on the hills of the island's northeast corner. 3 restaurants serve Thai, and international food and the hotel hosts regular live music for evening entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Tongsai Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tongsai Bay Cottages And Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Cottages Hotel Bophut
- Tongsai Bay Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Resort
- The Tongsai Bay Ko Samui/Bophut