I am writing this from my sun bed in Tongsai Bay and I just love this place .This is my last day and will be sad to leave .i am in a cottage at the top of the hill which can be quite a walk but the buggy service provided by the hotel is very efficient . I do agree with some reviews that the furniture is a bit dark and outdated but I'm not finding it to be a problem .One reviewer complained about insects , lizards etc did they not realise they were coming to a part of the world which is very tropical and you will get local wildlife. There are one or two monitor lizards going about but they generally disappear into the undergrowth .The trees and flowers here are beautiful and the beach although the sand is a bit rougher hasn't caused any problems , the sea has been calm enough to swim in everyday although the floor level does drop very quickly . The staff here are probably some of the friendliest I have met on my 6 week trip around Asia and Australia , they are always willing to help . Breakfast is fantastic with a wide variety of different foods . I love the waffles and bacon . We have eaten in the beach bistro every lunchtime and the food was very nice . We have also eaten there in the evening and it is equally as good at night .
There are beach butlers who bring towels and regularly bring fresh iced water and cold face towels .There are also free lessons on the beach for the small boats that you can take out on your own free of charge .
If you are looking to party this is probably not the place for you as it is outing it's own .
We took a taxi to fisherman's village which has a market on a Friday night , it was a crazy place and great for people watching . it also has some nice restaurants we ate at the Smilehouse which was lovely . Too many Italian restaurants for me . I'm in Thailand not Italy .I also used the spa for an anti stress massage which was fantastic .
Some people complained that the prices were very expensive but after travelling through Australia for 4 weeks before we got here I found it to be much cheaper to eat and drink
Overall I don't think this is a 5 star resort mainly due to the rooms being outdated but I would definitely come back as it is a beautiful spot to relax and enjoy .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tongsai Bay is located on Ko Samui, an island in the Gulf of Thailand just a short travel distance by air from Bangkok and across the southern peninsula. The view of Tongsai Bay is hypnotic, as its set amidst a secluded ocean cove; an eco-friendly colony of cottages, low rise buildings and villas barely displacing the lush greenery on the hills of the island's northeast corner. 3 restaurants serve Thai, and international food and the hotel hosts regular live music for evening entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Tongsai Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tongsai Bay Cottages And Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Cottages Hotel Bophut
- Tongsai Bay Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Resort
- The Tongsai Bay Ko Samui/Bophut