My wife and I visited Tongsai Bay for the 2nd time and stayed 13th-29th Jan 13. We had a super holiday and much enjoyed ourselves.
The Tongsai is not chic, it is slightly frayed around the edges in places and the beach sand is not of the powder kind and the beds are on the hard side; however, it has a magic all of its own and this firmly puts any minor imperfections into context.
Upon arrival at the airport we were met by a hotel car and taken to the hotel where our arrival was managed efficiently. We had booked a Tongsai grand villa but after a couple of issues with it, we were upgraded without hesitation to a sea view pool villa - wow! The villa was lovely and the view truly remarkable. We quickly fell into a holiday routine and spent many lovely mornings on the beach swimming/watching the waves and retiring to the bar for a drink over lunch then up to the villa pool for the afternoon.
We ate in all the restaurants and Chef Choms was our favourite - lovely well flavoured food exceptionally well served by the ever attentive staff. Butlers was good but did not provide us with the ambiance we like. That said, many guests commented most favourably on the menu and food at Butlers. We ate a number of times in the Polad and found this a bit of a mixed bag. The main issue being one of food not being as hot as it should have been on a number of occasions; we did bring this to the attention of the staff and they promptly replaced our food. The Polad food during the full moon event was really good
We found the hotel provided taxi service to be excellent – good value and always on time with good and safe drivers
Many reviewers have commented most positively on the Tongsai staff and we concur the high praise given. The staff are exceptional and go out of their way to help whenever needed. From the staff who quickly offered to carry my wife’s breakfast plate from the egg station to our table, to the staff in reception who quickly handled all our requests, to the housekeeping staff, to the restaurant and bar staffs and, finally, the beach staff, all were universally happy to help and always met us with a smile. Our very special thanks to each and every member of staff - you made our holiday very special indeed!
Will we be back? Most definitely yes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tongsai Bay is located on Ko Samui, an island in the Gulf of Thailand just a short travel distance by air from Bangkok and across the southern peninsula. The view of Tongsai Bay is hypnotic, as its set amidst a secluded ocean cove; an eco-friendly colony of cottages, low rise buildings and villas barely displacing the lush greenery on the hills of the island's northeast corner. 3 restaurants serve Thai, and international food and the hotel hosts regular live music for evening entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Tongsai Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tongsai Bay Cottages And Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Cottages Hotel Bophut
- Tongsai Bay Hotel
- Tongsai Bay Resort
- The Tongsai Bay Ko Samui/Bophut