“Nice beach front Italian restaurant”
Review of Gusto Italiano

Gusto Italiano
Ranked #56 of 760 Restaurants in Bophut
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

Based on the previous ratings we decided to have dinner here: gnocchi (a special preparation - thanks to the chef!) and a pizza calzone. Both dishes had a very good taste (ok, less cheese and more tomatoes and ham would be nice for the pizza).
When we arrived at around 6pm there was no other guests in the restaurant. Which might be because of the early(?) time but definitely not of the cuisine.

Date of visit: September 2016

Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

Great pizza , delicious pasta sauce , although the pasta was a little 'al-dente' or under cooked when we visited. Nice atmosphere. Some Staff neither understood Italian or English when ordering - but not a problem with understanding overall. Good food.

Reviewed August 26, 2016

The location and the restaurant are very nice, but quality of the food is nothing special, below the average of other restaurant in the area.

Reviewed August 25, 2016

Visiting the Fisherman Village, especially on night market is a nice experience of itself. Walking down the road and reaching this small Italian spot makes the experience even better. Gusto serves great pasta, including an option for gluten free pasta. It is run by an Italian couple, who are also the hosts and that's part of this place's charm. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming and there is an option to sit on the balcony or on the beach. Don’t miss it if you're in the neighborhood.

1  Thank RNB555
Reviewed August 21, 2016

The meal started well with a good bruschetta and an okay salad. But went downhill from there.

One of the servers started smoking hiding around the corner. He thought he couldn't be seen but we could smell the cigarette smoke.

I ordered a prawn pasta dish and the prawns were tough and rubbery, obviously overcooked because they weren't fresh. When I mentioned this to the owner/chef he was outrageously aggressive, telling me I didn't know what I was talking about, when I have traveled in 28 countries over the last 12 years with my wife who is a chef, and I am an avid foodie that knows that when seafood isn't fresh you shouldn't eat it. No matter how overcooked it is that can't be hidden, nor can the toxins from the bacteria be neutralized.

The only reason I am basically writing this is that the owner was in such denial and was so outrageously argumentative about what he thought I didn't know about food that I needed to get it off my chest.

1  Thank eternalnomadd