“A wonderful surprise in Fisherman Village”
Review of Gusto Italiano

Gusto Italiano
Ranked #56 of 760 Restaurants in Bophut
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2016

Visiting the Fisherman Village, especially on night market is a nice experience of itself. Walking down the road and reaching this small Italian spot makes the experience even better. Gusto serves great pasta, including an option for gluten free pasta. It is run by an Italian couple, who are also the hosts and that's part of this place's charm. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming and there is an option to sit on the balcony or on the beach. Don’t miss it if you're in the neighborhood.

1  Thank RNB555

Reviewed August 21, 2016

The meal started well with a good bruschetta and an okay salad. But went downhill from there.

One of the servers started smoking hiding around the corner. He thought he couldn't be seen but we could smell the cigarette smoke.

I ordered a prawn pasta dish and the prawns were tough and rubbery, obviously overcooked because they weren't fresh. When I mentioned this to the owner/chef he was outrageously aggressive, telling me I didn't know what I was talking about, when I have traveled in 28 countries over the last 12 years with my wife who is a chef, and I am an avid foodie that knows that when seafood isn't fresh you shouldn't eat it. No matter how overcooked it is that can't be hidden, nor can the toxins from the bacteria be neutralized.

The only reason I am basically writing this is that the owner was in such denial and was so outrageously argumentative about what he thought I didn't know about food that I needed to get it off my chest.

1  Thank eternalnomadd
Reviewed August 13, 2016 via mobile

Wanted a change from Thai food on holiday so went for a Italian.
Great setting, table right on the beach. The 4 of us each had a different meal and they were all superb we will be back before the end of our trip.

Reviewed August 12, 2016 via mobile

Delicious Italian food. Serving staff were engaging and very helpful. Food was well presented and tasted fantastic. Good value. Would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed August 10, 2016

I challenge anyone to find a better Italian meal in Ko Samui. We love Thai food but also need a break every few days during a 2 1/2 week trip across Thailand. We were two families, 4 adults and 4 children aged 12 - 18yrs and had a great dinner at a table on the beach. Calamari starter was lightly dusted and fresh, pizzas were thin crust and wonderful, lasagne and carbonara pastas were al dente and lovely. Our daughter tried pesto gnocchi for the first time and glad it was here as it was cooked just right. I am sure the two owners (seemed Italian) were stopping by the tables and chatting and generally checking all was in order. They even had a magician walk around and over to do amazing tricks and you tip if you feel you want to. All in all it was Molto bene!!

Date of visit: July 2016