“Great”

White House Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #86 of 185 Hotels in Bophut
“Great”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Stay 2 nights with friends and relàtives. The location is near to the beach. Nice landscapes and serene environment. Friendly staff always smile and greets you. However it is urgent need to refurbish the jacuzzèe in the bathroom. There are only few parking spaces for cars. It is better to get there by public transport or motocycle.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
WhiteHouse_H0tel, GSA at White House Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 3, 2014
Dear guest Yom D,

Greetings!

It was a great pleasure for us to have you, your friends and relatives even in a short period of time and for that we are very thankful that you've appreciated our hotel and our hospitality. In any case we do not make promises but we are working and making sure that everything is worth upon choosing White House Beach Resort.

Sincerely and grateful,

White House Beach Resort.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Lancashire, England
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stayed in an Executive Suite for 5 nights at the end of April and have no negative comments to make about the accommodation. The bathroom was very unusual, having separate toilet and shower with full length mirrors on either side of the sliding doors. The bedroom was spacious with a very comfortable king-sized bed + sofa, and also numerous electric sockets around the room. The only downside to the hotel, in our opinion, is that the sunbeds on the beach are very close together and offer no privacy; maybe if they were positioned in 4 rows instead of 3 then more space could be provided between the beds/umbrellas - a small point but ........

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travel1042
Dear travel 1042 of Lancashire, England,
Greetings!

We do appreciate and thankful that we’ve got the chance to provide your accommodation in pleasing manner with a bit surprise of our unusual set up that in somehow you found it amusing when you were here last April 2014. As for our privacy which one of our paramount concerns within the vicinity of the resort and having the beach area that has limited in terms of its area and for that reason or in any case we are very much happy to do some arrangements for our guests as per requested.

Thank you for your kind words and considerations!

White House Beach Resort.
Romsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We spent 2 weeks at this hotel, it is located on one of the nicest beaches in Koh Samui (Choeng Mon) the staff were lovely but the hotel really needs a lot of TLC - the bedroom was large, the beds comfortable although the sheets had holes in them! the bathroom was the weirdest I have ever seen with a grotty looking jazuzzi in one corner that didn't look as though it had been used in years. At a later date a wall mounted shower had been added but it was situated above and to the side of the toilet so everything got drenched when you took a shower, the floor became about an inch deep in water which took most of the day to drain away (despite mentioning it to the maintenance man) the towels were threadbare and torn, the ac didn't work, although the lowest setting was 16c the actual lowest temperature we achieved in 2 weeks was 26c but it was usually 28c (we also reported this to reception) the sun beds by the pool were, in the main, broken. However, in fairness, we were told on departure that the hotel was due for an upgrade. Oh..the spa is no longer in use either so it is not a spa resort and I wouldn't say it was 4 star but we did have a lovely time anyway!! it cost around £56 per night so I suppose that wasn't too bad!!!

Room Tip: I understand that the hotel is due to be gradually refurbished so I would insist on one that has alr...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
WhiteHouse K, GSA at White House Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 4, 2014
Dear HampshireSally from Romsey, United Kingdom,

Greetings!

We are pleased and very thankful that even though our resort gave a bit discomfort on your holiday that supposed to be a worry-free kind of vacation. As our paramount concern is our guests which is you to provide the kind of service and hospitality in all forms that the resort can offer. We do all things to meet our goals and no promises but we still wanted you to experience the difference from now on if given the chance and hoping it will be all better.

Thank you very much please do accept our apologies.

Sincerely yours,

The White House Beach Resort
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed March 23, 2014

There were so many mixed reviews on this resort, but because I prefer to give locations the benefit of the doubt, I decided to book it.

Given that this hotel was not cheap, I had expectations that rooms would deliver on the basics: clean, temperature nice, and hot water available. Really those are the basic necessities I look for. It is true that this place is outdated, but unless I'm paying thousands of dollars, I rarely care to judge about how dated a place is as long as I feel comfortable.

Looking back, I really wish I had not been so skeptical about some of the reviews because this was the worst hotel during my trip to Southeast Asia; I spent time in both budget hotels ($18/night) and starwood/high end hotels (e.g. LeMeridian, Westin, etc.) and have appropriate expectations for each.

I think the basic thing for any hotel is for it to be clean and I was not happy that the bathtub and bathroom was infested with ants. I'm not looking at a few ants of 5-10 and labeling it as an infestation. They were all over and I saw them on the walls too! Absolutely disgusting.

I understand it's an island and that yes there are mosquitoes but this resort has more mosquitoes than other resorts because there are jugs outside for decor with water (appears to be rainwater) but the water if full of mosquito larvae.

I think that the hotel makes a good effort but there are basic/fatal flaws that make this a terrible hotel. For example, they welcomed us with fresh coconut water in an air-conditioned room and the room really is beautiful and spacious. However, the bathroom really killed it for me. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jenny K
Ko Samui, Thailand
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stay at the hotel for 5 nights with my family of 4. Our teenage children had enjoy the nice beach and the hotel pool. A bit small but the sea is next door.
The hotel Gardens are really nice and make the walkway between the rooms to the pool and reception fun and interesting.
Service is good but staff English is limited

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Marita B
Tokyo
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We spent our New Year's holidays in this hotel and we loved it! We stayed in a Junior suite which was very beautiful, tidy and well furnished. A newspaper every morning and a tea basket every afternoon made us feel very special. The staff of this hotel is pretty well trained- kind, polite and extremely helpful. The breakfast buffet has got everything you might need and I highly recommend the restaurant of this hotel for a dinner as well! Order deep-fried white snapper under tamarind souse and a shark bbq!
Now, few more facts of the hotel, that might help you to make a decision:
1. We had a chance to see the superior room, which is big with 2 merged semidouble beds and 1 single bed (couch) , but very simple , and a Thai suite, which is located on the 2nd F and i wouldn't recommend to anyone, cause it looked like a ghost house to me . No doubt- Junior suites are the best rooms of this hotel- new, closest to the pool, the restaurant and the beach
2. The territory is very beautiful and green, like a jungle- no direct sunlight in the rooms. In fact , those who want privacy have to keep the window shaded. I personally didn't care much , cause spent most of the time out of the room.
3. All the rooms, I have been to, have a specific smell coming from the bathroom. I assume that is an old pipe smell. They are trying to fight it using air-fresheners.
4. The pool doesn't look new, but it was cleaned everyday. Children had a blast there!
5. They had a New Years Eve dinner buffet , but we found it quite pricy because they were charging for children (who almost don't eat) and didn't regret - the celebration was way too simple ,not even a Count Down was held!
6. The hotel is located on the kids friendly beach , away from the main crowd.
7. I wonder why is this called Resort&Spa? The SPA was closed during all 7 days of our stay. They have a massage place on the beach, which was not secluded at all.

Room Tip: Junior suite
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Victoria L
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 8 nights.We really enjoyed our stay.By the check out we asked the girl at the reception if we could get 5 stamps for the postcards.She friendly offered to send them for us.It was a nice move...but none of those 5 postcards ever reached the destination.I believe she never posted them.My 6 years old daughter was really really sad about the fact,that daddy,grandparents,godmother,schoolmates never recieved the postcards she wrote.I really hope,that girl at the reception needed that money for 5 stamps for a much better reason than my 6 years old daughter.

Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Bonija74
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Samui Honey Cottages Beach Resort
#5 of 10 in Choeng Mon
PS Thana Resort
PS Thana Resort
#1 of 6 in Choeng Mon

Been to White House Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!