“So very relaxing”

Ranked #85 of 187 Hotels in Bophut
Mansfield
“So very relaxing”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Its often a disappointment returning to the same hotel but that wasn't the case 2013.

What attracts us to the White House are the large clean and well serviced, albeit dated, Thai style rooms, the feeling of being almost at one with nature as a result of the extensive vegetation surrounding the rooms and the attentive and friendly staff who leave you alone unless you seek their assistance. Yes the rooms are darkened by the flora but its far more preferable to those in modern concrete constructions.
Our previous review commented that more attention in cleaning the pool would be positive and that seemed to have been noted and acted upon. The hotel's weakness would seem to be breakfast which while being varied can be limiting if taken late. For us it was OK though if you wanted to eat something cooked it was too often lukewarm and sometimes cold. Some improvement to keeping cooked foods hot would be good.
Overall we still think the White House is excellent value for money and its location with easy access to both beach and main road makes it very attractive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MansfieldTopcat
WhiteHouse K, Marketing Executive at White House Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear MansfieldTopcat,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback. It is wonderful to hear from our valued customers and we appreciate it very much. In addition, I will personally do a breakfast inspection to ensure these type of issues do not occur in the near future.
We hope to see you again and serve you in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Maria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Berkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My husband and I have been to the White House now every year since Jan 2005 and were blown away with this hotel. I absolutely loved the Thai traditional buildings and the feel of it so therefore made a point of returning each holiday. However, I have to say I was extremely sad to see the decline over the past 2 years. There was hardly any staff around, the breakfasts were very poor with hardly any food and once things were finished they were not replenished.
The rooms are not to everyones taste, as they are quite dark due to the amazing trees/follage in the gardens, but they are very clean and the beds are most comfortable.
It was our 10th visit, and although I would not have expected a red carpet, we were kindly given, as our fruit bowl on arrival, 3 brownish bananas - obviously left over from breakfast.
It saddens me to think I wont return to the White House as it sits on one of the most beautiful beaches on the island, I dont think it should have a 4 star rating now - more 2.5

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Lyndalala
Dear Lyndalala,

We're very sorry to hear about your sad experience in our hotel. We apologize if we weren't able to meet your expectations. With regards to the brownish bananas, we never gave our newly check in guests with left overs from the breakfast. We are currently hiring more staff to ensure the kind of prompt service we strive for.
We would love the opportunity to serve you once again and to show you what the White House experience is truly like.

Thank you very much and best regards,

United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The staff here are really pleasant but it is a very tired hotel and the rooms smell really badly,even after saying to the staff,who said it is a problem in all of samui,which is rubbish,they could not get the drains to smell better.I think a dose of bleach would do the trick,but even the fridge was so badly smelling I vomited on opening it.They need to upgrade the rooms badly.

Room Tip: Don't go until it's upgraded
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Scotlassmoray,

Thank you for your feedback. It was a great of you to point out the pleasantness of our staffs. Please accept our apologies about the issues that you experienced during your stay. We apologize for the slow service when you asked the staff to fix the issue. We strive to do our very best to create a positive connection to our guests. We do hope that you could give us the chance to make it right in the future.

Kindest regards,

Bournemouth
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We have just returned from another 16 day stop at the White House. Value for money this hotel cannot be beaten. The situation of Cheong Mon beach is also one of the best on the island. The staff are very attentive and go out of there way to sort out any problems and also help with many suggestions. There is also a large refurbishment of the rooms at the moment which will improve the stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tim Hutton,

Thank you for taking your valuable time in writing your review about our service and facilities. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate it very much and looking forward to seeing you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Booked for 4 nights next time I think about my choices it's a beautiful hotel no sun light unless heading to the pool or beach... Rooms need a bit of tidying up but the bathroom... One room there is a big bath and a little shower with bigger steps into the tub but the pressure is dripping once turned on and one night not hot water at all so they change rooms to a smaller down graded one but no bath but a shower well same again nothing come out ... Better of in the pool or sea if u wanna feel clean and the spa bath is closed ... This is not a 4 star resort more 2 half star.... I never write these review abut I wanted a treat my self ...and I didn't come out feeling good

• Stayed March 2013
WhiteHouse K, at White House Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Tigger_sydney,

Thank you fro taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.
Providing our guest with the best possible hospitality has always been our mission. We do regret that the bathroom facilities did not meet your expectations. We are constantly looking for ways to improve upon our guest's experience and welcome any suggestions.
Again, many thanks for your input & we hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Yours,

marketing@samuithewhitehouse.com
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The only advantages I have noticed were atmosphere of rainforest and jungle style. Welcoming and friendly staff. That's all.

I was very disappointed with cleaning of the rooms. If cleaners were coming when my son (1 year old) was sleeping in the room I had to reject the cleaning supposing that they would come an hour later or so. But that was a mistake, cleaners were not coming that day any more. So we had to live with dirty floors and wet towels one more day. It's not so comfortable when you have a small child. I would say it's unacceptable. Moreover we were getting 2 clean towels several times, though that were 3 persons in the room including infant. Some rooms of the hotel strongly require a total refurbishing, especially in case of bathrooms. May be a long time ago (the hotel was built in 1983) it was a modern and shiny hotel. Now the hotel has lost its gloss and some of points requires serious attention of administration.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mcguier
WhiteHouse K, Marketing Executive at White House Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear mcguier,

Please accept our apologies for what must have looked like a lack of caring and attention here at our hotel. I would very much enjoy the opportunity to have a conversation with you directly in effort to better understand your experience and how I can properly remedy your impressions of our hospitality and service. Please do not hesitate contacting me anytime to discuss this matter.

Despite your initial impressions, I do hope we can correct our shortcomings and invite your family back in the future for a seamless vacation from arrival to departure.

Truly,

Marketing Executive
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Me and my wife book to stay here in February 2013 for8 nights and wanted to check out as soon as we got to our room. We stayed one night while we looked for another hotel.

The hotel looks nice on the website and also the front of the hotel looks nice in real life. That is all I can say that is nice.

The hotel is very old dark and run down. You have to sit down in the bath to have a shower as the hose was so short. I personal expect a real shower not a tap attachment and no shower screen.

The bath was also broken

There was some sort of staining on the curtain which if a am honest could only be one type of fluid that is needed to make a baby.

There are also no balconies which I think they forget to mention on the website

This hotel would be fine if you are back packing and do not want a nice place to relax.

I would highly recommend the imperial boat house a few hotels before the White House where I stayed last year. Unfortunately they were fully booked this year. Also the Q signature is lovely. This is where we managed to to stay the rest of our holiday. Staff are so friendly and cannot be any more helpful.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank JosephSmithson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Samui Honey Cottages Beach Resort
#2 of 3 in Laem Set
Royal Muang Samui Villas
Royal Muang Samui Villas
#2 of 10 in Choeng Mon

Been to White House Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!