“Truly Inspirational”
Review of The Nest Samui

The Nest Samui
Ranked #6 of 229 Specialty Lodging in Bophut
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My partner I booked the Nest after reading the Wonderful reviews and we were not disappointed. This is by far the best place we have ever stayed. Our intention was to stay one week but stayed for three. There was nothing too much trouble for the owner Charlie or his lovely wife and son whom we now consider friends. The nest is an idyllic place to relax, providing peace and tranquillity in truly first class excellent surroundings. For my partner and me it provided the perfect place for us to re-evaluate our lifestyle, something we have continued since our return to England. Thanks Charlie; finding the Nest was truly inspirational and we hope to return again next year. Carol & Michael

Room Tip: All the rooms are of excellent quality
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mick64-carol62
charlie t, Manager at The Nest Samui, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear mick64-carol62,
Thank you for taking your time to review us at TripAdvisor.
We are delighted that you find staying at The Nest ,INSPIRATIONAL!
We are very happy that your 3 weeks stay, was so fruitful .
Keep up Michael and Carol,see you next year.
Thank you from all of us at The Nest.

Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights in December. Though this place is a bit off the tourist area it offers the greatest escape. Hosting only 5 rooms, it's a quiet and relaxing spot. High quality design and lots of attention to all small details in the public areas and inside.
The bed is great, the scenery created between the rooms is perfect and the bathroom is spacious. Though this place is not totally new it's well preserved and maintained.
The lady who run the place is very kind and helpful. She gave us some nice tips and helped a lot with our going back from the island.
In short, great place to escape the masses.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dammonber

Dear Dammonber,
Thank you for your review in TripAdvisor .
I am glad that my wife is able to assist you during your stay at The Nest while I am away.
We are also very happy that you agreed with what all the other reviewers wrote ,were TRUE.
Thank you for all the support and Happy New Year!
Best regards,
Charlie

Reviewed December 11, 2013

We just spent xmas / new years on Ko Samui and the Nest is truly an oasis. I know “oasis” is a buzzword when describing these places but here’s why this place is real deal. One word: Charlie. Charlie (the proprietor) was always present and very helpful with anything from random nuggets about the island to great restaurant recommendations every night). He has worked very hard to create and maintain this beautiful sanctuary.

Back to the place.... It’s perfect for couples, families or those who want a little quiet amongst all the noise. It is tucked away yet very well situated (Ko Samui is small) to the ferry to Ko Pha ngan, banks, motor bike rentals, restaurants, etc... Chaeng Mon and chaweng are 10 - 15 mins away (by motorbike)

This place is not a giant resort. It only has five rooms/bungalows. The entire place has got a brand new feel (it only opened this past september) so all the amenities, bathroom, pool, etc are clean and pristine.

In short, this place is a great bang for your buck, It was a highlight of our trip, I highly recommend it, and will stay there next time I’m in Ko Samui

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
charlie t, Manager at The Nest Samui, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Alex Gutierrez,
Thank you for your time in reviewing The Nest in TripAdvisor.It is nice to know that the recommendation given was of much assistance to your holiday in Koh Samui.
Thank you for staying with us and I promise, you will find the same standard of service when you visit us the next round.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Best regards,
Charlie

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I came to stay at The Nest for 10 days,but I liked the place so much that I prolonged my holiday up to two weeks and wanted to stay even longer,but had to back to my work......One of major things about the place is that The Nest is a new place,and as soon as got there I enjoyed every minute staying in my room and outside at the pool.Interior of The Nest helped me to relax, the hotel is located in a quiet area and I loved it! At the same time it takes about 5 minutes walking to the nearest beach,restaurants and numerous spa!!!!! Owners of the place is a wonderful family: Charley & Marley; they put so much love and care to interior of the place that I was really impressed by it. Charley came out to meet me at the door upon arrival and they both treated me as an old friend of a family. That was sweet! They gave me a lot of information about the tours,places of interests and many useful things that tourists may not be aware of!!!All guests of the Nest,as I noticed were welcomed and treated as special ones. When I wanted to change my flight Marley helped me to connect with an airline and when I had to go back home, Charley kindly arranged me a transfer to airport.A special thing about The Nest is that whether you come with a big family,with a company of friends or you visit The Nest for romantic getaway it is an ideal place for everybody.As soon as you get there you will never regret of it. I highly recommend it for you unforgettable stay in Koh Samui and I promise you would like to come back and so do I.Thank you Charley and Marley. Sincerely, Victoria (Russia)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
charlie t, Manager at The Nest Samui, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Victoria ,
Thank you for taking your time to review The Nest in TripAdvisor.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your holiday with us.
Thank you again and hope to see you next year.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed at The Nest for just one night during October 2013. Treading carefully along the treacherous path we reached the sanctuary of The Nest, where we were met by the owners, Charlie & Marley, who welcomed us as though we were long time friends, immediately showing us to our most well appointed room. Were it not for the lack of a spa, gym & other such amenities that you never use, this place would have easily cut the 5 star grade. All for the princely sum of £34/night. Had we have stayed here first of all, we'd have stayed here for our whole time in Koh Samui. In conversation, Charlie had learned that we were to fly out of Surat Thani airport the following day. Charlie took it upon himself to arrange our bus & boat transfer at a "local" rate, even leaving to collect the tickets on our behalf. We will definitely be staying at The Nest again, a hidden gem.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kirsty B

Dear Kirsty B,
Thank you for the great review about The Nest in TripAdvisor.
We are delighted that you rate the service and stay at The Nest 5 stars.
Thank you and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Removed from the busy road, The Nest is a wonderful place to relax. Charlie met me at the door after chiding me for not emailing him the details of my flight and escorted me into the amazingly beautiful courtyard. After absorbing the immaculate surroundings I was shown to my large and equally beautiful room for a quiet and restful evening. I was only scheduled for one night, but returned after my Ko Tao trip for another night. A pristine setting to which I will return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
charlie t, Manager at The Nest Samui, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Dear Joeflagstaff,
Thank you for reviewing The Nest in TripAdvisor.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your short stay with us.
Looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our original plan was to stay at The Nest for 2 nights and then move around the island, a few nights here and a few nights there etc etc ... incorrect .. we extended our stay from 2 nights to 12 nights.

As soon as i walked thru the 100 year old malasian oak doors that front this magical place, i could not believe my eyes, The Nest is as asthetically pleasing as any boutique hotel i have stayed in anywhere before.

5 beautifully crafted villas neatly nestled around manicured grasses, bamboos and tropical plants all add to the very peaceful calming aura that The Nest gives off by the bucket load. The plunge pool jacuzzi is like something from a show magazine and is imaculately tended every day.

But for me the best part of my stay at The Nest was the owners Charlie and his wife Mailii, they really could not have done more for us to make our stay on Samui any better. Friendly and very helpful they arranged taxi's, carhire, booked restaurants and trips for us and even arranged for laundry to be done during our stay.
(inbox charlie before you arrive and he will arrange a private taxi on your arrival at a cheaper rate)

In summing up The Nest is a gem and i rate it as 5 star accomodation at incredible value

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Jamesrasin,
Thank you for your great review in TripAdvisor.By knowing you have enjoyed your holiday with The Nest, made us more determine to assist and make our guests holiday a happy and a memorable one in Koh Samui!
Looking forward to seeing and welcoming you again in Koh Samui.
Thank You.