“A resident of Samui said this was their favorite Thai Restaurant on the island...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tumzaab

Tumzaab
Ranked #341 of 440 Restaurants in Bophut
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

So, although I have a home on Koh Samui, there are so many restaurants I haven't tried. Yesterday a new friend on the island told me I "HAD" to go have a meal at Tumzaab, which she said is her "absolute favorite" local Thai Restaurant on Koh Samui. So today we went---and you know what, she was right! From the delicious fresh shrimp with chile paste to the Fried Red Snapper with Tamarind Sauce, every bite was fantastic and the entire menu looked so good that we'll be back very shortly to try everything else on the menu looked great. A definite thumbs up recommendation for Tumzaab!

To find it, if you're going South on the Ring Road from Bophut (towards Lamai), you go just past Tesco/Lotus (on your right), past the traffic light (that leads you into Chaweng) and it's about 200 yards down on the left----.

You will not be disappointed---or at least we weren't on our first meal there but we know it's consistently wonderful per what our friends have told us.

• Visited October 2013

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Very Good Thai food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

About 10 mins Tuk Tuk ride from the centre of Chaweng brings you to this restaurant. The restaurant is open air and has quite a lot of tables. When we arrived unannounced and asked for a table for 7 we were shown to an 8 seater that was free(at that time).

Anyway, the hostess was upon us immediately and took our order professionally. The order was very eclectic and it came to our table exactly as we had ordered it, no mistakes.

Very good traditional Thai food, good atmosphere and a fairly good location means that we will be going back there in the future.

• Visited December 2012
Kuala Lumpur
“Best Thai food in Koh Samui”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

When ever I travel, food was one of my main concern. Therefore, while visiting to Koh Samui, Tom Yum Gung(Thai spicy prawn soup) will be sure my main appetizers choice of food as my daily meals.

Of all the locals restaurant that I have visited trough out 4 days stay in Samui, Tumzaab Thai Food Restaurant were the best of others when compare to those Restaurant I have dined in Chaweng Beach or Lamai Beach area, as most of them are too commercialise which mainly to serve the tourist. Put away the price, it's just the taste not up to our expectation as most food are just normal taste.

Tumzaab Restaurant is just at the main road between Lamai Beach to Chaweng Beach before Chaweng Tesco Lotus Shopping Mall on right side of the road( refer: www.tumzaapsamui.com) It's easy to spot when approaching to the area. You may notice that there are 2 big Chinese Lantern hanging at the wooden build up restaurant with cozy looks.

Although we have only dine in twice with little knowledge of the food menu, we would strongly recommend must try food(base on our diining experience) Tom Yum Gung - spicy soup with fresh & big prawn (really fresh & tempting) , Thai fried rice must not miss....best thai fried rice we have in Koh samui (Not sticky or wet but tempting taste is killing me) Fried Black pepper fish .....wow....I am still can't forget the freshness of the meal with the taste. Fried morning glory veget was so juicy yet tempting ....etc. You guys may like to order some steam rice in an individual basket(The local peoples order most)

We also notice that this restaurant were also visited by so many of the local thai celebrities too. That's for sure on my next vacation to Koh samui, I will visiting to Tumzaab again & to try new food from them. Thumb ups!!!

• Visited September 2012