“Great vegetarian in Ko Samui!”
Review of Amala - CLOSED

Amala
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Finding vegetarian food in Samui was a challenge compared to Chiang Mai and Bangkok.
Amala is wonderful! The menu is quite expansive and everything we got was very food. I would say that we enjoyed the Thai food better than the Western food here overall. The curry that we had was out of this world and the tempura was made perfectly.
Well worth the trip!

There are newer reviews for Amala

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I am a vegeterian and their thai and mexican food was the best. we were staying very far from this hotel (Prana Beach Villas) but still went there twice for dinner as the food was just too good. A must go for vegetarians. Best thai food i have ever had.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband picked Amala for a night out in Samui as I'm vegetarian. The restaurant itself is beautiful - not cluttered, beautiful views, and the herb garden is a nice touch. The food was fantastic and SO fresh. I had one of the best Panang curries I've ever had. We were also pleasantly surprised with our final bill - talk about value for money! Unfortunately we were the only 2 in the restaurant. This restaurant definitely deserves more customers than that.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We had a great time at Amala. The evening was brilliant with slight drizzle, and we sat by the beach. The food was awesome. We had mexican starters and Italian and Thai for Main Course and every thing was delectable! Slightly out of the way from Main Town Chaweang - but it was well worth the visit as we were already in the neighborhood!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Good vegetarian food and very friendly staff. All the food was very good, the cocktails were all delicious (we had 3), there was not a single thing wrong during our dinner. They served exactly in the pace we asked for and called our cab when we wanted to leave. Excellent restaurant. I hope they get more customers, because during our dinner only 3 tables were taken and they certainly deserve more than that.