“Great until its time to leave”
Review of Peace Resort

Peace Resort
Ranked #35 of 187 Hotels in Bophut
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great until its time to leave”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Great hotel situated right on the beach ten minutes walk away from The Fishermans Village. I stayed in a room rather than a bungalow and whilst smaller than expected, it did boast a huge bath on the balcony. Unfortunately, the lact of water pressure meant that after an hour, there was only an inch of water in it so totally useless other than to store your suitcase. Breakfast here is fabulous however there is no option for a cheap snack and i was suprised to be charged 100 baht for a small bottle of water from the beach bar considering you could buy a litre for 8 baht in the supermarket across the road. My advice would be to stock up on drinks from the supermarket and buy a delciious lunch from the man who comes to the beach every day with a bbq on the back of his fishing boat. I enjoyed my stay here although i did walk into the village every evening for a change of scenery. Unfortunately, the kind, helpful and friendly attitude of the staff changed dramtically when i tried to check out. I tried to settle my small bill, around £30 buy card but it didnt work. i enquired what the error message was I there was more than enough money in my account and she very loudly stated infront of the other guests that I obviously had no money in england. I tried a further 3 cards with no success. I then suggested that I go to a cashpoint but was told I couldnt leave the premises until I had paid my bill which lead to an awkward stand off. When their payment system finally came back online, my card was accepted and I left for my next destination in a taxi they had ordered for me. Unfortunately, when I arrived, they had left my bags at the hotel as they had been 'withheld' until I paid my bill and noone had released them when i left. They charge 200 baht for a cab to the fishermans village. Considering this is no more than a 3 minute journey, its pretty expensive and they asked me to pay a further 400 for them to return for my bags. The whole checkout process and the extortionate prices at the bar really put me off this hotel which is a shame.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank PollyFontayne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
west midlands
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We booked this hotel for my 50th birthday which was in Febuary but it also came after the unexpected death of my mom two months earlier. The hotel was excellent and gave us complete relaxation and calmness. We were very overcome when we saw our beach villa. It was beautiful and a stunning location. There was everything in the villa you could want. Slippers, pyjamas, flip flops , beach bag toiletries. Hair dryer and I had even been made a cake.
The staff were excellent from the moment we walked into the resort.
We found the food to be of a very good standard.
We liked the location in relAtion to being able to walk to the fishermans village 5 minutes away.
I would love to return to this hotel one day.

Room Tip: Beach view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bonnie03
St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed at the Peace Resort for 6 nights at the start of July having spent the previous week in other parts of Thailand, it was the perfect and relaxing way to finish our holiday.
The hotel is situated on the main road through Bophut and has direct access to the Beach. The fisherman's village is about a 10 minutes walk from the hotel, so the location is fantastic.
The staff were very welcoming and greeted you with a smile no matter the time of day.
For the price we paid for the hotel we were very happy with having our own private bungalow and the facilities available in the resort (gym, culinary school, tailor, library, arty shop). Whilst we stayed there were a number of families with children, this hotel seems excellent for families, Large pool, small indoor play area for young children, and a small outdoor area too.
As a couple with no children we did not have an issue as the resort is a fair size and the direct access to the beach means you can chill out away from the kids at the pool.
The hotel also offers on sight massages (as well as the spa across the road), we found that the prices were competitive with those in the fisherman's village.
The poolside bar area is great and the cocktails were excellent (daily special cocktails and happy hours from 3pm). We attended the beach BBQ evening which was interesting to say the least. The food was very nice, the entertainment was questionable but definitely entertaining, we were a little disappointed that it didn't take place directly on the beach (though during our stay we had had a couple of rough days weather wise).
The lunch time nibbles were also nice and quite reasonably priced (though you do pay slightly more than in some of the restaurants in the fisherman's village), however, there are beach boats that arrive in the bay and have corns, fruit, chicken skewers and a few other bits. The food is lovely and very cheap.
Breakfast was great, expansive choice - egg chef to do your eggs however you wanted, continental choices, hot breakfast, cereal, the lot.
The staff at reception were very helpful and happy to help organise trips and vehicle hire.
If visiting in July be aware of the flash downpours that occur during the day, you can see the storm clouds forming and quickly ascending upon Bophut,
Overall, this is a very nice resort in a great location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Rob R
peace r, Manager at Peace Resort, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear Rob,

We appreciated you have taken the time sharing your wonderful experience here on TripAdvisor. and Thank you for all the compliments i will definitely pass to all of our staff member.
About the weather on July-Aug normally is perfect but this year the rainy season come a little bit delay but it is getting better now. If you have any question before you coming to Samui please feel free to contact me anytime.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in the nearest future.

Ulladulla, Australia
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed at the Peace Resort for 5 nights with friends in July 2014. What a beautiful resort with beautiful gardens and very friendly and helpful staff. The pool is lovely and the breakfast is the best we had in our 3 week holiday. The ocean is cool and deep but the sand is a little hard under the feet and the beach is too soft for a comfortable walk. Fishermans village has great restaurants and is only a short walk away.

Room Tip: all the rooms (individual huts) are lovely.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Janet J
Dear Jan J,

Thank you so much to share your great experience and comment here on Trip Advisor,
I am glad that you all enjoyed your stay with us.I will share your comment to all our staff member.

We are looking forward to welcome you back very soon.

Kind Regards,

Mayuree Ongcharoen.
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Me my husband and 2 children stayed here for 1 week. It was the start of our 6 week stay in Thailand. Upon arrival we were greeted by the most lovely reception staff. Who then showed us to our room. Wow! So spacious. You have your own bungalow with the most beautiful surroundings. Our room was very clean and comfy. The pool and bar area was clean. Lovely large pool, great bar with friendly staff, tasty cocktails and also amazing food we had a lovely stay and was the perfect start to our holiday. Thanks to all the staff. Zoe Steven Leah and baby eme.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank zoej88
Dear Zoe,

We appreciate you have taken the time sharing your wonderful experience here on TripAdvisor.

We are looking forward to welcome you and your family back in the nearest future.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We loved this hotel. The location is perfect right by the beach and only a short walk from Fisherman's village and all it's restaurants.

The rooms are clean, cool and comfortable. The service was always great. The pool is big, and has a lot of sun chairs so you don't need to worry about getting one. Also some chairs on the beach.

The breakfast is great and has a lot of varieties. Lunch and happy hour offers were good. Otherwise the restaurant is quite expensive, but still cheaper than many of the hotels around. Also, there are heaps of restaurants just a short walk away.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank immi123
Dear Immi123,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience here on TripAdvisor.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in the nearest future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed at the Peace Resort for 9 nights and could not fault it. The Private Bungalows are really comfortable and relaxing. The luscious gardens are beautiful. Pool and sea were of a great temperature. Excellent breakfast choice. Great Lunch and Bar offers. Excellent massage for a great price. Ideally located to visit the Fisherman's village. We would recommend this hotel to everybody!

Room Tip: The superior room is completely adequate for a couple. The deluxe only seems to offer a bath instead...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gra_and_Kat
peace r, Manager at Peace Resort, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear Gra and Kat,

thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience here on TripAdvisor.
and Thank you for all the compliments i will pass to all of our staff member.