“Great place for sunset dining”
Review of Dining on the hill

Dining on the hill
Ranked #313 of 465 Restaurants in Bophut
Cuisines: Thai, International
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We arrived at the restaurant at 5:30pm to dine while looking at whole sunset. It did not let us down, we saw the whole sunset while having a fabulous bottle of wine and dinner. We could see the whole process from bright to dark. The color of the sunset was amazing and it is the best view not to be missed while having a delicious dinner!!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We spent a lovely morning in the spa with my wife and daughter where everything was first class.
We paid for this with no issues and can fully recommend the spa.
Our family then joined us for lunch , which was enjoyable, however our whole experience was spoiled when I tried to pay using my credit card. Several attempts were made in the restaurant before being"escorted" to the lobby where again payment was refused as there was no reception for the transaction. Another card was tried but to no avail as the system was down. We had no alternative but to ask our family to empty their pockets and pay in cash, which was deeply embarssing.
I requested a conversation with the manager who turned up and basically shrugged her shoulders and said it is the Island - you can expect this!
I felt totally insulted as no apologies were offered or any acknowledgment that there was a problem on their side.
We have spent a week on Samui and have had no issues in any other places but feel totally let down by the attitude on this occasion.
We had planned on staying for a few nights as a couple this week on the resort but will now be looking elsewhere as there are many other alternatives..

Reviewed May 11, 2013

The location is superb. We watched the sun set, the whole setting is very relaxing, beautiful.

Impressed by the fact they not only had a kids menu but an infant menu also - very much needed for us who were with a 3 year old and a 10 month old. I think the infant purees were the biggest success. Toddler ordered schnitzel and chips and received a burger? Apparently that was correct. Husband order mild red curry, we were very clear about how he didn't want it spicy, the waiter presented it as mild and non-spicy, well on the first taste our mouths burnt. We are used to hot dishes so this really was on the medium/hot scale. Staff just said sorry and gave husband a sorbet to cool off the heat!!

My king praws were very ordinary, tough and I would expect a lot more of a restaurant of this name.

I eat gluten free so when choosing a desert I opted for a tapioca desert and ended up in a heated discussion as the waiter was arguing with me that tapioca was wheat. I would hope they know their food better especially as their menu says they can cater for people with allergies and coeliacs.

However, what really brought the experience down was how slow the whole service was. It took good 80 minutes for the purees to arrive, of course our baby was truly over waiting at that point. The grown up food arrived perhaps some 20-30 minutes after this. Crazy as the whole restaurant was empty.

By the time we ordered deserts and again it took them 40-50 minutes and still no desert to be seen, I just asked them to take the desserts as take away as the kids by then were truly over it. And really, so were we.

I am glad we went for the ambiance but the food experience itself was very very ordinary.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

They specialize in Thai food, and the best part is the great view of the sunset during your dinner. Good selection of authentic Thai food.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

My boy friend and I went there just for Wednesday Thai Buffet dinner and the food was arranged nicely with variety of choices and friendly staff. We got to try many different Thai food we didn't try before in Thailand. There was a show for the night as well, Thai instruments and Thai dance, amazingly wonderful. Great assistance and beautiful resort, we have to say!