“Good family restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian, Thai, International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Took the kids here as it promised a good selection for them - and it certainly does that. Good food and good value and the owner and staff make you feel welcome - can't ask for more than that.

jasminerestaurant, Owner at Jasmine Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

thank you for your review table 5 with the small children we at jasmine are happy that your family enjoyed the food we do like 2 do our best to bring good clean food we work at this every day thanks again jack and staff

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Food was delicious. One I like is Steak that you should to try. Also they make the best Italian pizzas. Good quality with good price and good service. The owner Jack and Anna very friendly and helpful. So I find the excellent place in Samui that why I come here so many times.
I recommend this restaurant to visiting when you come in Samui.. Must come !! :)

thanks guys for your review you taken the time to give jasmine so i would like to say thanks jack

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This place doesn't claim to do fine dining, however, what it does do, it does fantastically well.
This goes down in one of my top ten meals ever, nothing pretentious about this place, just good quality food cooked by someone who cares about what they are presenting.
We chose this restaurant after seeing reviews on Tripadvisor, currently is number 2 in the whole of Koh Samui and deservedly so.
We arrived for dinner and were presented with the menu and to be honest at this point I thought we had made a mistake, the menu showed the full breakfast, snacks, pizzas etc like so many other places, however what came next blew that notion away.
My wife and I both had the spicy duck salad, whilst this was only shown as a main course, Anna ( I think that is her name ) offered to serve it as a starter. It was packed full of flavour and although not too hot was served with the obligatory dish of additional chillies to spice it up to your liking.
The star of the evening was definitely my main course, I chose the Australian 300g rib eye steak and asked for it served blue, after reassuring Anna I only wanted it seared for 30 seconds either side, she chose to do it herself rather than let the chef do it for fear of him over cooking it, that is after Jack double checked that is how I wanted it cooked.
I have been fortunate to eat in some good restaurants, a lot which seem unable to cook a steak "blue", not here at the Jasmine, what arrived was cooked to absolute perfection on a proper char grill. The steak was only one part of this plate, it was served with garlic potatoes, mixed vegetables and I can safely say the potatoes are the best potatoe dish I have ever eaten and the broccoli, carrots and French beans were cooked perfectly and the most sublime jus.
My wife chose the grilled ducks breast ( I know 2 duck dishes, I don't understand either!) which had been cooked just right.
The desert was a simple coconut ice cream which rounded off one of those meals that will always remain in your memory.
Fantastic.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We tried Jasmine after reading the great reviews on Trip Advisor and were certainly not disappointed. The food was amazing- we had Thai food although the menu had a diverse range from steaks to pizzas- will be coming back during our holiday to try the other items on the menu. The green chicken curry was amazing as was the Tom yam salad- big hit and the prices were great too so you don't mind trying out a few dishes. Will be recommending to friends when they visit. Big thanks to Jack for the lift and for going out of his way to ensure we got home safely!

1  Thank R_N_2013
jasminerestaurant, Owner at Jasmine Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

thank you guys for your review we at jasmine are happy you both liked the food and for the life that was no problem its an irish thing thanks again jack

Reviewed June 22, 2013

During our 14 days stay at Koh Samui, Bophut beach we rentet a motobike at Jasmine restaurant. Its owner Jack and his staff were great! We ate at the restaurant several times and the food where always freshly prepared and very tasteful. Its really a great way to discover the island on a bike. If you would like to do the same we can definitely recomend Jasmine restaurant and bike rental for a good ecperience!

jasminerestaurant, Owner at Jasmine Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

thank you guys from denmark we at jasmine are happy you enjoyed the experance we always say the way 2 see the island is ln motor bike the food we work at all the time 2 make it better for our customers sorrys i missed you guys before you left but i had2 go 2 hospital hope 2 see you guys again thanks from jasmine and staff