“Lots if fun”

Chantara, Junk Boat
Ranked #4 of 68 Tours in Bophut
More attraction details
Owner description: Chantara is a traditional asian sailing junk boat. She can bring you around Koh Phangan on the regular day cruise or all around the archipelago of Koh samui for a private cruise. Chantara is a wooden boat built with teak wood and provide all the modern comfort you can expect. Don't hesitate to join us for a unique experience on the Gulf of Thailand, to discover Koh Samui and his neighbors islands.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Lots if fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Great experience, as the other reviews say. My husband and I booked same day via email. Eric responded and was happy to let us join. They sent a pick up right to our hotel.

Marcos was really personable and funny. He and Eric even toasted our honeymoon with a cocktail. The whole staff went out of their way to make sure everyone felt at home.

We snorkeled, swam at pristine beaches, got a jetski, and had a blast! Food was great too. The boat was really beautiful and not too crowded- it was just right.

Highly recommend! :)

• Serbian first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Totes amazeballs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Amazing trip, a must when visiting koh samui, hats off to marco and the crew!

Amazing food, great relaxing day!

1 Thank Coyote164
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Magnifique!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I could actually write an essay on how much we enjoyed our voyage on the Chantara today so I'll do my best to stick to the point... though the fact I'm writing this review in my hotel room on our honeymoon just hours after our return should speak volumes.

Simple: book this excursion as soon as you arrive in the area.

Our holiday budget usually restricts us to cheap trips to the Mediterranean where the word "excursion" essentially means you're about to be ripped off and deposited on some awful tourist hotspot selling tacky souvenirs...

...by the end of our trip today we actually felt humbled by how little we had paid for a full day of perfection. You're basically sailing on a beautiful and cosy boat across landscapes you only see in movies, occasionally stopping off on beaches you only ever dreamed of seeing. Throw in some excellent food freshly cooked in front of you, free soft drinks, a bar (from which we were given a free cocktail as it was our honeymoon) and as welcoming an atmosphere as you could ask for ("today this is your home" to quote the lovely Marco) and you want for nothing.

We haven't a bad word to say about our day, it has been the highlight of our holiday and will live long in the memory.

If I could sum up the atmosphere it would be this: Thailand is famous for the level of service in the hospitality industry but on the Chantara the staff weren't just polite and helpful - they were happy. A true reflection of the environment all involved try to create.

Thank you Marco and the crew!

3 Thank Easy E
Amphoe Koh Sa-mui, Surat Thani, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Sunset cruise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I just had the most fantastic day on Chantara. The whole experience was so good from start to finish. The staff are excellent and very helpful. The food was first class with choices to suit every palate and taste The pace of the day was so relaxed that I felt myself relaxed also with no pressure to do anything. Macro was very entertaining and helpful concerning places to see and things to look for. I have to commend Eric the owner for running a very beautiful boat. Thank you all for a wonderful day

3 Thank Frances F
Culburra Beach, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Just book it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I won't repeat the other fantastic reviews, all I am going to say is BOOK THIS TRIP - you won't regret it! Marco - you are a wonderful new addition to the team that already makes a perfect day even better!

4 Thank monica3774