All reviews plunge pool bao edgewater restaurant wet bar koh samui our honeymoon one bedroom pool villa free shuttle to chaweng decking area happy hour ocean view any requests thai massage stayed for nights refreshing drink the main road garden villa
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020

Stayed here for 4 nights as our first stop on our honeymoon. We arrived around 9am and were allocated a room straight away which was greatly received after the journey! Everything was 5/5 - the food, the drinks, the rooms, the cleanliness and last but not least, the service. We felt like you gave a real personal touch to our stay and we could have stayed for longer. If you walk to the top of the road by Seven Eleven, you can go either direction in a Tuk Tuk - i think the longest we waited for one to arrive was 2 minutes! Also, i would really recommend booking the Ang Thong tour from the hotel. Best day from our whole trip! Thank you to all for a fantastic stay - we look forward to visiting another Outrigger!

Reviewed January 18, 2020

This Hotel has all conditions to be top, but there are a lot of missing small details. The maintenance of the bungalows could be better, the service, i am sorry but i have to tell the story.. once seated for breakfast, i asked one of the employees to get my omelete.. The answer was swift.. Please sir, you can get it by yourself.!!
I personally think this hotel is overpriced .

Room tip: be lucky with your bungalow..
Reviewed January 15, 2020

We are about halfway through our stay and the experience has been mediocre at best. First, I would expect an airport pickup for a 4/5 star resort on an island or at least an attempt to schedule that as a paid service.

The room, deck and pool were fairly dirty when we arrived - leaves all around and missing amenities. I also emailed the resort prior to our arrival to let them know my partner and I just got engaged, asking if they could help us make the trip special - no response or acknowledgement of that email.

The most concerning and upsetting part was when we discovered a small blood trail in the room this evening. Not exactly sure where it came from but it wasn’t from us - assuming either hospitality staff or past guest. We called front desk and they sent some staff who cleaned it with water. Obviously not sufficient for a biohazard so they gave us another room. None of this should have happened, should not have had to waste time on any of this.

Only positives were food and waitstaff - Bao at the pool was fantastic, super nice and helpful.

Reviewed January 11, 2020

The villas were very comfortable and the beds and pillows lovely. The private plunge pool was way too chlorinated and I stank of bleach on coming out so only used it once. However there were other pools which overlooked the ocean and were perfect. They did spray for mosquitos whilst I was there and using the sun beds in my garden area did mean I got bitten, there are lots of sun loungers overlooking the sea with a good breeze that keeps them away. Breakfast was good, ample choice. I was underwhelmed with the restaurant food and cocktails which were overpriced. On the upside the staff are really lovely and helpful and couldn't have been more caring but this place is expensive and I would have expected more, a fruit bowl in the room, some nuts with the cocktails, the little things that make a difference.

Room tip: Ask for a view of the sea
Reviewed January 4, 2020

I will start with the positives. Everyone is very friendly. The massages at the spa were excellent. I got the aromatic massage and my husband got the Thai massage and both were outstanding. They knew what they were doing, obviously were well trained an unstinting in their effort to give us a healthy and relaxing experience. The property is very beautiful and the room was spacious. The restaurant consists of several rooms and locations, including our favorite, a deck directly on the beach. The staff soon knew our preferences and rushed to make us comfortable. Now the negatives: masses of mosquitoes. We used their mosquito coil, kept the fan and a/c on, and I rubbed myself with lotion, nonetheless I woke up the next morning with bites all over my legs. Finally, the stretch of beach is nice. There were red-flag conditions all over Koh Samui during the week of our stay, so swimming was not possible, but one could walk on the beach and look for shells, pieces of coral etc. BUT there is also a lot of trash including medical waste. On my last walk I saw syringes with blood still in them. So you really need to wear shoes when walking on the beach, and keep an eye on what your children pick up.

1  Thank checkpointcheryl