“no no no - disaster”

K beach
Ranked #117 of 503 Restaurants in Bophut
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Nice french and thai restaurant specialized in fish and seafood with tables on the beach, sea view, roof terasse. We also cook fresh French meat, good Thai food, pastas, good pizzas and south of France specialities.Joli restaurant fancais et thai specialise dans le poisson et les fruits de mers au BBQ, avec des tables directement sur la plage, une terrasse avec vue sur mer, toit terasse au 1er etage. Nous avons egalement de la bonne viande charolaise fraiche, de la bonne cuisine thai, des pates, desbonnes pizzas mais aussi des specialites provencales.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This restaurant has been the worst I tried out so far on Samui. Nice looking in the entrance with the rustic chic I connected memories to my trip in Tulum, Mexico. Unfortunately in Tulum the promise of getting flavorful food has been delivered, here the food has been very disappointing to say not worth any penny to spend. Ignored by service on the terrace we made our way to the beach seatings which looks lovely with their bamboo interior. We found a helpful waitress who organized us a free table and brought the menu. Nice touch & innovative menu designed in old vinyl of French songs. Menu is heavy French influenced & so I expected some good stuff especially when having my favorite beef tartar on the menu. Having eaten this typical French bistro dish many times, I learned a hard lesson this night. Just 3 weeks ago I had a perfect beef tartar next door in the Hansar restaurant & I suggest the owner should go over to explore how a beef tartar should be prepared. After more then 1 hour waiting, entertained by cockroaches entering out from our bamboo table ( can happen in an outdoor venue in the tropics ) my family received a terrible pizza & to death grilled Barracuda, when they finished 10 minutes later my tartar was served. Honestly the last I was up to now, was to eat the dog food looking plate delivered ..... We asked for the manager & got handled with an aggressive attitude not even listening to our comments, obviously we must have been not the first complain that night. Resume of the night waiting hours attacked by cockroaches leaving in the bamboo table........ Never again

Reviewed March 7, 2013

A simple establishment on the beach. We sat inside, overlooking the beach watching the beach performers eg fire juggler. Loved the live music. Food is Thai and western. I never eat pizza at home, but ate it here and loved it as it was fresh and delicious, and the chips were proper fried potatoes, not frozen mass produced. The food was cheap and very good value. I did not like the cocktails though, so beer is a good choice. this bar had a good ambience.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We came here on the 5th Feb 2013 and sat at a table on the beach with a lovely view, despite the slopping table and chairs. There was a french jazz band playing in the restaurant and a fire dancer came along the beach to perform for us while Chinese lanterns were being set off in the distance. It was a wonderful evenings entertainment and the food served was delicious.

We ordered Papaya salad, Crab curry, Green curry, Tom Yum soup, pineapple rice and grilled sea bass. The Papaya salad was the best during our 2 weeks in Thailand, the crab curry had fantastic flavours but was very messy so ask for a finger bowl if you eat that one, and the sea bass was grilled perfectly. In all a fantasic meal. The fruit shakes are also not to be missed!

Now for the bad part, the service. This restaurant has quite a few tables, inside and outside so I can imagine it could get very busy, but it didn't seem all that full when we came in. Despite this the service was very slow indeed. It took an age to find a waitress to take our order and another for the food to finally arrive. But we were on holiday so we did't need to rush right! At the end of the long meal we were all tired and wanted to go back to rest ready for an early start in the morning. Then again it took an age to get a waitresses attention to ask for the bill, and then waited...and waited.... in the end we had to ask three times for the bill before it finally arrived!

This is a wonderful restaurant with great food, a great location, lovely atmosphere, but just terrible service! They need to get more waitresses and the waiting staff need to be much more attentive to all customers not just the french/regulars.

HIghly recommended, but not if you are in a hurry or like prompt service!

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

The food was amazing, really fun to eat, of the kind you keep thinking about hours later. Awesome view of the beach during sunset. If you like you can actually dine on the sand with candle light. They also have an open kitchen so you can watch how they cook! The only thing I didn't like is the smoke that comes out of the kitchen while they cook and makes it sometimes hard to breath.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Food was below average: linguine overcooked and without flavor, fried calamari very oily and hard, the fish was ok. Service have to improve. We were also recommendet to not order pizza as it could have taken too long time, the restaurant was not even full at hat time...