“Does not live up to the positive reviews!”

Kohinoor Indian Restaurant
Ranked #131 of 444 Restaurants in Bophut
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Didcot, United Kingdom
“Does not live up to the positive reviews!”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Was not impressed with this place was expecting great things, but this was not the case. Both my partner and i had different things my butter chicken was just bland and unispiring as was my partners korma well she couldnt eat it we did not finish any dishes!

wont be going back

Nuff said me thinks!

• Visited December 2012

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Bland bland bland”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I know it's an Indian restaurant and we were in Thailand, but when the curry cravings get you.......
So, we ordered a lamb madras, tarka daal, pilau rice, naans and a lamb curry. Positives being the lamb was tender and the naan breads were well cooked. Negatives being that it was all pretty bland and lacking in flavour. Daal was weak and the curries seriously lacked any depth of flavour.
Staff were polite enough and environment was reasonable.
If you're after a decent Indian meal, avoid this place.

• Visited October 2013
Berkshire
“Kohinoor good indian at good prices”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had the set meal as it appealed to us on both visits this year. the food quality was good and the prices excellent. We had some wine after from the house selection by the carafe which was good value and pretty good bearing in mind we are in Thailand. Excellent value. Staff really nice as well.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank TommieBerkshire
Melbourne, Australia
“Really tasty Indian!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We've been to Koh Samui 13 times and this is the best Indian we've found.

My husband and I have already eaten here twice over the 6 nights we've been here and plan to return again.

The Chicken Tikka Tandoor is scrumptious!
The butter chicken is nice-but not the best we've ever had.
We tried a chicken masala last night and that was also really yummy.

Last year I was actually quite sick- NOT from eating here but from a gastro bug I'd picked up on the way to Samui. My husband wanted Indian one night so I accompanied him for dinner and the staff went on an all out quest to find me some soy sauce I could have with boiled rice (they actually ran to the supermarket to get some). This was very much appreciated!

We haven't ever tried a lamb dish here (we've had bad Indian experiences with lamb elsewhere) so can't comment but the chicken us always really good quality.

• Visited September 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Amazing Halal Food”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This little Indian Restuarant was a perfect discovery for us as Muslims we were craving halal food. Kohinoor has good authentic halal Indian food with good variety for all palates with exceptional service.

Visited August 2013