“RECOMMENDED”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Four of us ate here 3 out of 5 nights. It is a bit further down the street from the other restaurants across from the Waterfront Hotel. Quite small but great tasty thai food with good sized portions. Seems to be family run with the children waiting tables. Pretty busy on the nights we visited but always got a table without waiting. Great selection of meals and very cheap. Gin/vodka and tonics come in almost half pint glasses ..wow!! Must recommend as 3 starters, 4 mains plus rice, 6 (large!!) gin and tonic 2 vodka tonic came to £30 including tips. White wine at 100 baht per glass is very drinkable. Great value.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stayed in the waterfront hotel and luckily the hut was directly opposite our hotel. We ate there 3 times during our 4 night stay. We also tried cafe 69. Both delicious. The hut services authentic, tasty, thai food. It is a 'no frills' restaurant but food is delicious. Very cheap too. We tried all sorts including noodle soup, fried fish, holy basil chicken etc- all excellent. Don't miss it!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Ate here 3 nights ago (Sunday), we got there around 9.30 and there were a couple of tables occupied so we got pole position at the front. Ordered up the beers and the food and did some people watching. When the food arrived it was exactly what we ordered (not something you can take for granted in bophut) and was by far the best thai food we've ever ate. 2 starters, 2 main dishes and 4 beers came to less than 500 baht! If you're in bophut and want the genuine article then go nowhere else.

To qualify this review we've ate in the well pricy places and other genuine thai places (friendly frog comes to mind) and the hut is in a league of its own.

1  Thank j0n0339
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This place is rather special. It is in Bophut, touristic and rather expensive place to eat (for Thailand). But you have this place with a rather large list of dishes, good food and Thai prices.
It is a great combination so expect the place to be full. We were in low season and it was packed when we passed by to eat. Follow other feedbacks that explain where it is. At one corner of the fisherman village, not where Tripadvisor locates it

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Since we were staying at The Waterfront which is just opposite The Hut, I decided to get a takeout. This turned out to be a very bad idea.
When the waiter eventually got round to give me a menu (after about 10 minutes) it took a very long time to actually take my order.
That done, it seems that the limited kitchen couldn't handle very much and there was a table of about 10 German guests that seemed to take priority. They all got served and my order was completely ignored. I ordered a couple of beers while I was waiting . . . and waiting . . . and waiting. After 45 minutes I eventually gave up. I tried to get the attention of the waiter. But he was too busy with the Germans so I just upped and left. The food may be good, but I never got a chance to try it. The service was just sooo bad! If the kitchen can't handle more than one table at a time then they really should train the staff or shorten the menu so that they can cope. Very disappointed.

1  Thank Ian F