“going back tonight”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Ate here 3 nights ago (Sunday), we got there around 9.30 and there were a couple of tables occupied so we got pole position at the front. Ordered up the beers and the food and did some people watching. When the food arrived it was exactly what we ordered (not something you can take for granted in bophut) and was by far the best thai food we've ever ate. 2 starters, 2 main dishes and 4 beers came to less than 500 baht! If you're in bophut and want the genuine article then go nowhere else.

To qualify this review we've ate in the well pricy places and other genuine thai places (friendly frog comes to mind) and the hut is in a league of its own.

1  Thank j0n0339
Write a ReviewReviews (1,127)

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This place is rather special. It is in Bophut, touristic and rather expensive place to eat (for Thailand). But you have this place with a rather large list of dishes, good food and Thai prices.
It is a great combination so expect the place to be full. We were in low season and it was packed when we passed by to eat. Follow other feedbacks that explain where it is. At one corner of the fisherman village, not where Tripadvisor locates it

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Since we were staying at The Waterfront which is just opposite The Hut, I decided to get a takeout. This turned out to be a very bad idea.
When the waiter eventually got round to give me a menu (after about 10 minutes) it took a very long time to actually take my order.
That done, it seems that the limited kitchen couldn't handle very much and there was a table of about 10 German guests that seemed to take priority. They all got served and my order was completely ignored. I ordered a couple of beers while I was waiting . . . and waiting . . . and waiting. After 45 minutes I eventually gave up. I tried to get the attention of the waiter. But he was too busy with the Germans so I just upped and left. The food may be good, but I never got a chance to try it. The service was just sooo bad! If the kitchen can't handle more than one table at a time then they really should train the staff or shorten the menu so that they can cope. Very disappointed.

1  Thank Ian F
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Ended up coming here 3 times during our stay. We wanted to try lots of places to sample Thai food but this was by far the best. So so cheap and the food is amazing. It's nice that it's a family run business . The cocktails were amazing and the food was just fabulous! You need to try here if you're staying anywhere near the Fisherman's Village

Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

We biked around for around 40 mins looking for this place. Don't follow the map of trip advisor. Walk to the end of fisherman village and its on the right hand side. The food is fantastic and its cheap. The staff are wonderful, its family run and even the children help out. Its a must visit if your after traditional thai food.