Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The room I stayed in was newly refurbished and was great value. The hotel is very near the beach and has a nice little coffee shop downstairs. There was no lift but not too many stairs.

Was ideal for me and my friends.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
TomZHotel, Owner at Art Hotel Chaweng Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thanks for your review. We have been working very hard to get the hotel back on track and it seems to have worked.

I am really glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you next time.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I unfortunately had the pleasure of staying in the horrible abode!! If i had more time & did smy homework i would of never stayed here.
First for the price they charge it is deff not worth it I payed 590thb
They show the nice pic of the bed & the entrance of the bathroom but not actually behind the shower curtain. Which looks like one of those out door showers that u hose your self off at the beach, but with this u getted the added bonus of u have to watch where u step as u feel like u might trip over & smash your head open. Oh and not to mention the HORRIBLE smell coming from the drain. Which never got any sand into it as i didnt go to the beach at all ( after reading another review this was their excuse on trip advisor)
Now lets get to the bed bugs & other un named bugs as I just dont know what the hell they were.
I woke up after my first nigt stay with bite all on my shoulders & legs & i know of other people staying on a different level that were getting bitten. So the problem is all over this hotel!!
I went to complain & staye one more night & the remaining night $$ back .
After all this u have to deal with the construction work going on on both sides of this hotel, thai boxing bloody van that circles around the blocks EVERY night!! Then a bar down stairs music playing music into the early hours of the morning, horrible staff, BEG BUGS
I think its pretty clear as to what type of place this is!!!
Your running a hotel wash ur sheets daily like every other bloody hotel does its just common sense!! when u have so many people coming through.
AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!

Room tip: do not stay here unless u like getting bitten by bedbugs
1  Thank gems3003
TomZHotel, Owner at Art Hotel Chaweng Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

I would like to apologise to you for the insect problem in your room. It is absolutely unacceptable and we take it extremely seriously. We had 2 reports of biting insects and have now decided to take drastic measures to make sure this problem is completely contained and controlled once and for all.

We have consulted with a pest control team and been advised to shut down half the hotel and treat it for all insects. When given the all clear by the experts we will reopen and then shut down the other half of the hotel and do the same. We take this very very seriously and are doing everything exactly as suggested.

At Z Hotel we have a high standard of hygiene. We have a daily maid service and linen is always changed between customers. Unfortunately sometimes insects and other pests come in from outside. It is the same with every hotel. However we have now dealt with this problem and will not open rooms until they perfect again.

We decided to re tile all the bathrooms a few months back but still we have 2 or 3 rooms with the old concrete style flooring. We are addressing this and will have tiled floors in every bathroom shortly.

Once again I would like to offer my sincere apologies and reassure any future guests that we have dealt with this problem now.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

i stayed at z hotel just over a week, i met some really nice people whilst staying there which was great as i am traveling alone... you get tele, fridge, air con, bathroom at a very good price.

its only a short walk to the beach and local shops/ restaurants.

the staff are laid back but are more than willing to help out if you ask.

it has everything you would need for a budget traveler, i would recommend you staying here

1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I slept at Hotel Z for 5 nights.
People at the reception are very kind and helpful, there's also a kind of travel agency in the hall so that you can book tourist trips and transfers.
Air con was included as well as wi fi connection (even if the signal in the room was very low).
On the opposite side of the road there is a building in construction so in the morning had some problems with noises.
I had some problems with some small insects coming on the bed in the night and suckin blood, Nothing that hurts you but it still not very relaxing if you wake up and find these small creatures walking on you sheets. I told the reception and they promptly cleaned up my room but the night after I had the same problem.
So they kindky changed my room but then I found a big cockroach in the bathroom.
What to say, it is a budget hotel, I paid 490 baht a night for a double room so in the end i shoud have expected something,,,

• Trip type: Traveled solo
TomZHotel, Owner at Art Hotel Chaweng Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Hi there,
Thanks for your review. I am so glad to hear that our staff were friendly and helpful despite the problem in your room.

We have called in a pest control company and they have isolated the room in question and sprayed it for all biting insects. I will keep the room closed for 2 weeks and then only resell it once it has been inspected by the pest control guys and given a clean bill of health. I asked them to inspect the whole hotel and it seems the rest of our rooms are fine.

We are a budget hotel as you point out, however we always try to keep up high standards of comfort, cleanliness and safety so I am sorry we let you down on this occasion.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Fantastic stay at the Z Hotel. Not because it is posh, amazing in luxury etc. but simply because it is a no frills, no nonsense hotel, that doesn't claim to be any other than that. I stayed in a double room and was pleasantly surprised by its size. The furniture is minimal, but I chose this hotel because I was traveling with friends as opposed to traveling with family, so it did just the trick. The Wi-Fi was available 24/7, they offer you a laundry service (albeit outsourced) and have all amenities right outside the hotel (breakfast restaurant, a bar, etc.). Very clean overall, daily room cleaning... FANTASTIC value for money!

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
TomZHotel, Owner at Art Hotel Chaweng Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thanks for your review.

We don't try to be the fanciest hotel in Koh Samui. We just aim to offer clean, safe, comfortable rooms in a great location, at a great price. I'm glad we succeeded.

See you next time your in Koh Samui!