“Great food and fantastic service.”
Review of Red Moon

Red Moon
Ranked #12 of 445 Restaurants in Bophut
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Great food and fantastic service.”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

We went to Red Moon after seeing reviews on tripadvisor. When we arrived the owner showed us some images of food on his ipad and explained the specials board. We both decided to order the specials which were a tuna dish and a steak dish. We ordered wine with our meal which was nice and at a very reasonable price for Thailand. Service was excellent and we did not wait too long for our meal to arrive. The food was fantastic and definitely the best meal we had on the island.
Unfortunately we didn't have time to have a dessert as my boyfriend wanted to watch the football. We explained to the owner and he said not to worry and he would be open later if we wanted to come back. Due to the quality of the meal we did go back much later that night and the owner welcomed us back again. He asked if we wanted to choose a dessert or if he could serve us one that he knew we liked, we were more than happy for him to choose! Again we were not disappointed, the dessert was amazing and was the best we had in our whole trip. My boyfriend then enjoyed a lovely chat with the owner about fishing! We were both really pleased we ate here and would recommend Red Moon to anyone in the area.

1 Thank Rachael M

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
“Reasonable price for quality food”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

If you are travelling to fishmans village this is a must. We have tried many of the restaurants in the area and Red Moon was one of the standouts, particularly if you are looking for a bit of a change from Thai food. The owner was very friendly and showed us pictures on his laptop of prepared meals which look exactly the same as what you get. Good variety of food including thai, meat and seafood dishes. I had the snapper and my husband the tuna which were both cooked to perfection. You won't be disappointed.

1 Thank Janelle C
Leighton Buzzard
“Great Meal”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at the Red Moon restaurant. The staff were very welcoming and the atmosphere of the restaurant was relaxing. There was a wide choice of both western and Asian food at a reasonable range of prices. We had duck, which was beautifully presented and delicious. A great find!

1 Thank SueBubblesOne
Peterhead, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

We went here on two occasions and all I can say is fantastic. Excellent food and fantastic service. The owner was so friendly and had lots of choices available to show you on his ipad of his food. We had the French food on both occasions and the presentation and taste are both excellent. On both occasions the restaurant was not that busy. Why I do not know? We had the fried ice cream for the first time and was amazing. Excellent value for money. I think we were around £25 for our meal and drinks which would of cost double that back home if not a lot more.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Scott C
Canada
“Take it or leave it.”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Seemingly lost in the streets I accidentally stumbled on Red Dragon.

The staff were somewhat absent so I found my way to my own seat to have the vivacious manger approach me with his iPad to show me the meals of the day which looked visually appealing until I heard the price!

Being my last night in Koh Sumai I took a gamble and ordered the snapper with lobster sauce at a grand price of 690 baht!!!

Close to an hour later, after the owner coming over multiple times to explain that it would be a minute more (using the excuse that I had requested no dairy) I finally received my meal, with the offer of a complimentary dessert to follow due to it's tardiness.0
Red moon

Seemingly lost in the streets I accidentally stumbled on Red Dragon.

The staff were somewhat absent so I found my way to my own seat to have the vivacious manger approach me with his iPad to show me his meals of the day which looked visually appealing until I heard the price!

Close to an hour later after the owner coming over multiple time to explain that it would be a minute more (using the excuse that I have requested no dairy) I finally received my meal, with the offer of a complimentary dessert to follow due to it's tardiness.

The meal itself... Mediocre. Cold scollops (always a concern) however I will say that the fish and mash were good. Unfortunately due the dish coming to me cold and the amount of time I waited for the meal I wasn't sold. I will say thought, the manager offered me a complementary dessert (unfortunately dairy).

If you're looking for something different with a French twist this could be the place for you... Just be prepared for the delay with receiving your food!

2 Thank sezzy_19