“Relaxing experience”
Review of Anantara Spa

Anantara Spa
Ranked #11 of 46 Spas & Wellness in Bophut
More attraction details
Owner description: Unwind in the serenity of Anantara Spa Koh Samui Our Anantara Koh Samui spa resort seamlessly integrates lush tropical greenery and soothing water gardens, creating a harmonious environment for signature spa treatments and Ayurvedic healing rituals. Enjoy one of the many pampering treatments from the spa menu in private glass-walled treatment rooms with bamboo exterior walls set amid the lush water gardens of Anantara Bophut Koh Samui resort. Our trained therapists infuse natural elements of Southeast Asia like Thai spice aromatherapy into a range of signature treatments.
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Loved it. My husband and I had the couples massage and romantic bath. The treatment rooms were romantic and aromatic, the massage technique excellent but the air conditioning temperature was a little cold.

1  Thank Tiethatdogloose
Thanakarn P, Manager at Anantara Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear valued guests,

We are glad to hear you have a great time during spends time in our spa and thank you very much for your kind positive feedback our sincere is to make sure that our guests have the most memorable treatment with us. We are really appreciated for sharing that you have had a top class service here.
We highly appreciate your feedback regarding air conditioning temperature. We apology you for this issue and hope to deliver personalized service to you on your return.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back.

Thanakarn P. /Spa Manager

There are newer reviews for Anantara Spa

Reviewed October 2, 2012

What I said in the title. Standard prices for 4/5 star hotel... well worth the cost. Staff incredible, service top notch, experience like non other i have tried.

Thanakarn P, Manager at Anantara Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear valued guests,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback and we are glad to hear you have a great time during spends time in our spa with our sincere is to make sure that our guests have the most memorable treatment with us. We are really appreciated for sharing that you have had a top class service here. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back.

Thanakarn P. /Spa Manager

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Excellent!!! Must go for it. Its nicely made. Very impressive. Excellent decoration. Lovely the outdoor massages that very being offered.

Thanakarn P, Manager at Anantara Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear valued guests,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments. Our passion is to make sure that our guests have the most memorable treatment with us. We are highly appreciated for sharing that you have had a top class service here. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back.

Thanakarn P.
Spa Manager

Reviewed September 4, 2012

One of the best SPA treatment I have ever had. Besides the fact that the therapist was great, it was the environment that made the difference. The SPA is hidden in the tropical gardens of Anantara Bophut so it is very private. As soon as I passed the reception area to go to the treatment room, I just could not help but held my breath and said "WOW". The treatment rooms are also very well designed so it felt spacious and private at the same time. The only suggestion I have is that it would be great to have en suite bathroom in the treatment rooms. The treatments are definitely not cheap. In fact on the same par as Dubai or Europe. However you can never find a place like this else where!

Dear valued guests,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us. Glad to know that spending time with us is the best pampering on your holidays. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back.

Thanakarn P.
Spa Manager

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Overall: We did not stay at the hotel, but wanted to pamper ourselves with premium spa services on Samui. Girlfriend got an eyebrow wax and pedicure. Boyfriend got a haircut. It was a stressful, unsatisfying experience with very poor results. This place punches above it's weight.

Pros:
- The setting was elegant and serene

- Pedicure: It was relaxing and well-done, and included a little massage (although the polish started chipping a few days later)

- The manager acknowledged the poor service and gave us the haircut for free

Cons:
- Eyebrow wax: I had let my eyebrows grow for a while so they were a little unkempt. I asked her to give me a simple wax that followed my brow line. She had no idea what she was doing. She gave me an abrasion on my right eyebrow because she went over it with the wax so many times. She also removed a large chunk of my eyebrow. I had to hold the mirror and direct every wax and tweeze for my left eyebrow (at her request). They were still uneven but I decided to end the treatment because I was worried I wouldn't have any eyebrows left if we kept going.

- Haircut: This might have been the first men's haircut that the woman had ever done (despite the spa saying they routinely did men's haircuts on the phone). She mostly used the electric razor as opposed to the scissors. Did not have a sense of proportion and I constantly had to ask her to adjust one side or the other. In fact, overall she seemed so incompetent that I had to guide her through every step after I realized we were headed for disaster.

- All treatments (eyebrow wax, pedicure, haircut) were very expensive and the cost certainly did not reflect the value.

- All-round stressful experience.

- English was not good.

1  Thank nstravels-59
Thanakarn P, Manager at Anantara Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear Mr.Ergas Marchant & Ms.Natalie,

Thank you very much for posting a review.
As valued guests, your observations and suggestions are greatly appreciated and attentively considered so that we may continue to strive to improve the services of the spa.
We highly appreciate your feedback regarding the hair cut. We apologize you for this issue and hope to deliver personalized service to you on your return.

Thanakarn Putthinan