“Thai with a lick-your-fingers-good Twist”
Review of Cafe 69

Cafe 69
Ranked #5 of 440 Restaurants in Bophut
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Contemporary
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Just steps away from Fisherman Village and Bo Phut Traffic Light. Located on the Main Street, opposite Anantara Bophut Resort)Explore a new twist of Southern Thai Indigenous Cuisine designed by our dedicated Chef Vivien. Sip 69 secret yummy potions, freshly brewed coffee, smooth and delicious ice cream and sorbet...at a cozy shadow-terrace on a lively street... and cool air-conditioned lounge with super-comfy couches. Music ambience on iPod and guaranteed Dynamic Zen atmosphere in a vibrant and colorful setting.
Munich, Bayern, Germany
“Thai with a lick-your-fingers-good Twist”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

As I begin writing this I wish I had the taste of the green curry dumplings in my mouth. Or the Papaya salad rolls. Vivian (owner) is an ARTIST when it comes to food. I love Thai Food, but u usually find the same things over and over, and with him it was all the Thai staples with a fantastic twist that ended up in a party in your mouth. The cocktails are also really yummy. I loved it, and I loved Vivian's and his staff's energy, and the place is oh so funky. He could be making amazing money with those food creations anywhere in the world!!

Visited November 2013

• Thai first
Johannesburg, South Africa
“A Thai Mastepiece”
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Having eaten in many countries I can truly a say that Vivienne ranks amongst the Loccateros, Oliver's, Blumenthals and Ina Gartens of culinary science. My family and I have never had as complete and consistent a 5 course delight as we recently enjoyed in Koi Samui. It just so happens that it was Thai. He could have been cooking in London, New York or Shanghai given the quality. He should be proudly and publicly lauded in his own country.

Visited December 2013
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We visited this restaurant after reading reviews on this site and it lived up to our expectations. The owner Vivian is a joy, on our second visit he welcomed us at the door with "welcome home" The food is unique and different to most menus you will see in Thailand. Well worth a visit.

• Visited December 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Fabulous”
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Make it a point to eat here because I can promise you that you will be so satisfied that you'll be back for more.

The duck wantons, the fried shrimp, salted fish fried rice and a whole lot more are just so delicious that I'm already drooling.

Make sure you go there.

Belgium
“must eat on Koh Samui”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We went here on our last evening in Koh Samui, and boy what was I sorry we couldn't come back ! Best food we had on the island. It is a little crazy, but crazy good and the food is yummie. It is a little place, very personal service, Vivian came to say hi and apologized when they forgot our drinks. It is Thai food with a twist, a little modern touch, brought to you people passioned about what they do. I love to see that.

• Visited December 2013