“Delicious local Thai food with great Thai hospitality.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe 69

Cafe 69
Ranked #5 of 439 Restaurants in Bophut
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Just steps away from Fisherman Village and Bo Phut Traffic Light. Located on the Main Street, opposite Anantara Bophut Resort)Explore a new twist of Southern Thai Indigenous Cuisine designed by our dedicated Chef Vivien. Sip 69 secret yummy potions, freshly brewed coffee, smooth and delicious ice cream and sorbet...at a cozy shadow-terrace on a lively street... and cool air-conditioned lounge with super-comfy couches. Music ambience on iPod and guaranteed Dynamic Zen atmosphere in a vibrant and colorful setting.
“Delicious local Thai food with great Thai hospitality.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have just got back from Cafe 69 after seeing the reviews on here for it. What a delight! The menu is small but perfectly formed. The staff are so lovely and when they showed me the specials board I couldn't choose between two so they kindly made me 2 small portions, one of each! I had salmon skewers in coconut curry sauce and tempura prawns with plum sauce on a delicious edible leaf. In addition they brought me out some tofu bundles of joy in filo pastry. The flavours were excellent. I also had a delicious mocktail.

I was travelling alone and it was lovely to sit and chat with the staff. Bophut is full of pizza places and untraditional food. This place is a little gem and I made sure to direct everyone to it on my walk back home!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Manama, Bahrain
“Great value for Thai food with a twist”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife & I ate here last week, and thoroughly enjoyed the expereince. The food was the best we had in Koh Samui with the green curry dumplings being the highlight. The staff had excellent knowledge of the dishes and were very help. We stayed at the Hansar with meant it was only a short walk here. Would love to eat there again.

Melbourne, Australia
“Top Notch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I already reviewed this place once, but I wanted to elaborate!

We ended up eating here three times on our trip, we loved the food so much that we came back on our last night because we wanted to make sure we left on a high note.

Vivian is an absolutely amazing host and makes an effort to get to know every single customer that comes through the door. After seeing us and introducing himself on the first night, he gave us kisses and hugs on our return visits.

The menu here is not like many of the other places in Thailand, it is small and simple, and their food absolutely sings because of this. Too many other places have three different cuisines on their menus and fail at all three as a result. Cafe 69 has cotemporary thai food, many recipes that Vivian said that he adapted from his mothers original recipes, and the food is just fantastic!

I tried a new dish each visit here, and was happy with every single thing I ate. My husband recommends the drunken noodles, they were so good he had nearly inhaled the entire plate before the waitress came back to check on how everything was.

The roti is freshly made and so light and fluffy, that was one of my highlights. And the tom yum martinis, AMAZING.

I am so happy we came on trip advisor to look for restaurants and found this little gem, if you are on Koh Samui, go here, you won't regret it!

Cafe 69 should be rated the number one restaurant in Bophut because nothing else I tasted while I was there came anywhere close to the standards here!

I cant wait to go back here the next time I visit Thailand!

• Visited March 2013
Rotherham
“Simple but brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and I ate here twice and were made to feel really special. Vivian and his staff are fantastic and he likes to talk to all the customers. On our second visit he sat with us almost all evening and we found him to be a charming and extremely caring and sensitive person who does what he loves.
The food was the best we had in Koh Samui by a mile and the Tom Yam martini they serve is gorgeous.
We tried his famous chicken curry dumplings which were lovely as were the pad thai rolls. On both occasions we had the snapper with green curry sauce and mango, which was simply gorgeous. The food may not be traditional but it is very tasty and Vivian will make special meals for children. So if you get fed up of the mediocre food in the Fishermans village then you would do much worse than going to Cafe 69

Bangkok
“Causal chic thaï fusion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife have been extremely well welcome by vivien the owner/chef.

Sick of traditional thai food? That's the place and it's very affordable