“Not on a rough day”
Review of In Sea Speedboat

In Sea Speedboat
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: In Sea Speedboat Koh Samui is a PADI & BSAC snorkeling and scuba diving tour operator in Koh Samui, Thailand. We also offer private charters and speed boat taxis to the Full Moon Party in Koh Phangan and beach front accommodation along Big Buddha beach in Koh Samui.Our PADI & BSAC scuba diving and snorkeling tours to Koh Tao and Ang Thong National Marine Park are always by speed boat, the fastest and most comfortable way to get there. We operate our tours daily from Koh Samui.To set us apart from other PADI & BSAC snorkeling and scuba diving operators in Koh Samui, we put a great deal of time and effort into our level service so that your time with us is memorable.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Although weather is not their fault sometimes you need to be cautious We went out on a rough day it took two hours of thump thump thump to get to our destination. The driver was very good trying to avoid as much as possible but I could see the stress in the passengers You have to whey up if its worth three hours travel to do two hours snorkeling they also need to upgrade their equipment. The trip back was smooth as. Due to weather change . The guide not Thia was short and not very good in explaining things. Perhaps the slow boat next time.

1  Thank Dodders61
"bumpy ride"
in 7 reviews
"cold bottled water"
in 4 reviews
"ang thong national park"
in 10 reviews
"rough seas"
in 6 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
in 11 reviews
in 7 reviews
"enjoyable trip"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We were picked up 10 minutes late and the driver was agitated and stressed. He couldn't get us out of the vehicle quick enough at the wharf. The whole place seemed very disorganised and chaotic. There was a lot of shouting of instructions and a lot of hurry, hurry, hurry before we got started. The sky was overcast and the seas were choppy. Not ideal for an island hop excursion. Once we got going things seemed to settle down. Our guide Joe, gave us a briefing and then showed us where the life jackets were stowed. I did wonder why we were not wearing them?
After an hour we hitched to a rock and stopped to snorkel but the current was very strong and visibility was poor. This was not enjoyable and there was quite a bit of congestion at the back of the boat as people tried to get on and off with limited space. We then stopped for a short time on an island and climbed up the steep stairs for a view of the green lake, this was nice but not outstanding. We enjoyed a delicious lunch at a village on another island and were entertained by a monkey. Then our last stop for swimming and kayaking before the hour long trip back to Koh Samui. At the beginning of the trip our group was feeling very apprehensive due to the chaos we observed but overall we enjoyed a nice day out. Joe, the guide took time to talk to all of us and point out places of interest throughout the day. He also did regular head counts and checked on all passengers while they were snorkelling etc. The driver of the speed boat seemed confident and did a good job in rough conditions. The deckhand was also very happy and friendly. If I did this trip again I would ask to wear a life jacket for the trip.

1  Thank KarenLQldAust_
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Avoid this company. I had a bad and possibly dangerous experience. The 2-dive day trip was booked through my hotel - one of the nicest on Koh Samui. My "dive" boat was 95% snorkelers, and we had to go to snorkel-friendly dive sites despite me having paid for two deep water dives on the outer reefs. Scam! My dive guide also kept us down longer than is safe. After asking around, InSea has a terrible reputation among professional divers on the island.

My dive guide also scammed me by taking a few underwater photos in exchange for a cash payment, which he solicited separately from the rest of the group. He refused to send the pictures so I don't even have any pictures of the experience. Probably for the best - haha, but I would strongly suggest you avoid this company. There are better options on Koh Samui.

1  Thank Peter F
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The guides were nice and funny, very kind and took good care of our family! They are capable to speak different languages and provided great help and assistance during the trip.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Booked through the hotel. Picked up on time by a well kept mini bus.
We had about 20 mins. waiting/breakfast time. Did not have the breakfast so cannot comment on that.
We were allocated a speed boat with another 25 people. Didn't feel crowded as there were a few kids. The boat was crewed by 3 men. The captain, deckhand and our guide, Joe. Very nice and friendly people.
The first stop was 1and 1/2 hours ride. Was a little bouncy and we got pretty wet. I expected that and enjoyed it as well. Can't be on a speed boat and not expect to get wet. I suppose they could have gone a lot slower and no one would get wet and then what's the use of a speed boat? They were a few people who had never been on a speed boat and they were a little anxious. Don't blame them. But I think they enjoyed it in the end.
First destination was for a bit of snorkelling. 45 minutes. Water wasn't very clear. I suppose because it was the wet season. Nice enough though. Next stop was an island whose name I cannot spell which had a big lagoon in it. 45 minutes there. Steep climb up and down. Nice pictures. Don't try if you're unsure of your fitness. You could cause a lot of injury to yourself and others.
Next was a bit of a tour around the islands and then lunch at an island. Nice simple lunch. There was a little baby monkey there( Natalie was her name) which kept a lot of us entertained.
Next stop was an island with a nice beach. But the water was greenish with algae. Also a kayaking stop. We kayaked to the James Bond island. A lot smaller than the movie depicted.
The heavens opened up and drenched us. It basically kept raining all the rest of the time and the way back. Very wet and cold on way back. The guys did a good job getting us back safely. I would suggest they hand out life jackets when the weather gets bad though.
All in all a nice day out.