“Twisted.......”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Http://www.siamdiningguide.com/twisted_thai
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Great name twisted Thai because the food comes out and it's not what you expect. it's awesome and very tasty. great location and you must book. Very popular

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Having read a number of mixed reviews about Twisted Thai, I was intrigued to find out for myself whether the standards were worthy of recent accolades.
First impressions are good; actually set within the Imperial Resort, the restaurant has a pretty outlook and only steps away from the sands and warm waters of Chaweng Noi. The reception from waiting staff was first class and probably the best during my 3 week visit to Thailand. Not only were they friendly and attentive, but also had a very good knowledge and understanding of the creative menus.
A delicious complimentary starter set the tone for the evening, which was then followed by course upon course of amazing flavours. Having opted for the tasting menu, I was able to taste some of the unusual ‘twists’ that I may otherwise not have ordered a la carte; the iced prawn satay was a real revelation and a real treat for the taste buds.
In short, I cannot fault this experience. I was delighted when the chef came over to our table to ask for feedback as this was a real opportunity to give well deserved praise where due.
I will definitely return to Twisted Thai on my next visit and highly recommend this restaurant to food lovers visiting Koh Samui.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Service and food was OK at best - But very expensive. The view from the restaurant was very nice, but it was incredibly hot. No breeze and no fans.

1  Thank Papa0710
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Many of the reviewers are right about the service - it's slow (and there were only 3 tables the night we were there) and the level of understanding of English questions is not great but forget about the service as the food is what you are going here for.

The food is outstanding!

The flavours are brilliant, the experience is unforgettable. I could not do the dishes justice by explaining them, if you love food, you will love Twisted Thai, no question.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Twisted Thai is not in Bo Phut beach, as Trip Advisor lists it. And that was great news for us, as we are staying atthe Chowen Noi beach, and the restaurant is steps from our hotel (Impiana). The menu takes traditional Thai food and "deconstructs" it a little. For example, I had the green papaya salad (som tam) - the traditional salad came with a grilled salmon on top, and with 3 ice creams/ sorbets next to it: lime sorbet, carrot sorbet with crunchy topping, and green papaya ice cream with fried garlic slivers. Very nice way to mix the spiciness of the salad with some cooling favors. My husband had the duck liver curry - it was very good, although the liver did not seem to have been cooked in the curry, it did not capture the flavor. Service was great - we practically had a person standing some feet away all the time waiting for our requests, but then again the restaurant was not too busy. We do recommend it for a "twisted" view on Thai food.