“Nice sunset, Terrible food.”

Tamarina Bistro & Bar (formerly Big Buddha Cafe)
Ranked #209 of 465 Restaurants in Bophut
Cuisines: Thai, International, New Zealand
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tamarina Bistro&Bar is a Thai fusion seafood spot boating one of the best sunset view on Samui island. We value the art of traditional Thai cooking in combination with locally sourced seafood and a twist of Italian influence. Come relax and unwind under our ocean front Tamarind tree, we are ready to serve you!
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

We just returned from watching the sunset at BBC. The atmosphere is beautiful, a wonderful sunset spot. The food was almost in-edible and expensive for Thailand. The service was not great considering it was not very busy...but that sort of thing does not bother me if the place has delicious food. Overall, beer is well priced, sunset is great, but eat something before you go!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I love the place it is near the beach and also can see the Big Buddha Statue in a few meters away.
I love the people and serving over there they are very nice and always like to chat with us and give us ideas about the place.

I love to recommend this place it is very good, very clean and people are very friendly as well.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

First off, I am very sensitive to service as I am usually a solo diner. I have found that most of the restaurants that I frequent, where they do not know me, the service is less than wonderful because I'm not deemed worth the trouble to take decent care of. Anyway, when I went in to the BBC last night, the waitress came up to me to take my order and said, in essence, we are short of staff tonight and it may take a little bit longer than normal. I then proceeded to have a great night and the service, by international standards, was possibly a tick slower but, OK, I would rather have my chicken cooked through and 5 minutes late than medium rare and on time.
Sunsets are as advertised. Really spectacular (when there is a really spectacular sunset to watch) location to enjoy the full effect.
Food is good, nothing over the top spectacular, but nothing horrid either. I have had fish and chips, and quite frankly the fish was a bit too fishey tasting for me (I stay away from salmon, mackeral, etc, prefer cod, snapper...) but otherwise was quite good. I have had Thai food there a couple of times and find it quite nice. I believe they are also quite accomodating, today I asked for phad Thai without meat, not a problem although I did not see it on the menu.
Drinks are VERY reasonable, to cheap for Thailand in general. Good house wine by the glass for around 130, reasonably priced Chang drafts.
I also agree the TV with cartoons only on it is a brilliant diversion for the real young ones.
Obviously an owner that is very sensitive to the needs of his customers. Came to the table a couple times last night to make sure everything was OK and apologised if things were going slower than normal, which if they were I did not notice.
Good place. I like it.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Visited The BBC several times and were always happy there. For Chrismas we started looking for somewhere special to have our lunch, researched some very nice restaurants that had obscene prices and finally chose The BBC! Reasonable price, under 1000baht and were delighted with the wonderful buffet - there was a choice of Thai and European, the traditional roast and veggies were there but also lots of fish, seafood and Tom Yum soup, samosas and spring rolls for starters. Lovely fresh salads and fruit were also available and for dessert home made Apple Pie with either ice cream or custard. My choice was - Tom Yum soup,prawns, samosas then followed roast lamb, roast potatoes, mint sauce, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, parsnips, sprouts,yorkshire puds and gravy finished off by apple pie and custard................yummy! Staff very attentive and Mark the owner made us so welcome (Tx's Mark) will be there next Christmas...........

Reviewed February 7, 2013

BBC is a popular place in Koh Samui; near the Big Buddha and facing West with open Sunset view, it is surely a restaurant to visit.

The food is good, they have ample drinks selection, the staff is local, very kind and smiley, the bill fair and the whole experience makes everybody happy !

Recommended !