“Good food. Great location”

Tamarina Bistro & Bar (formerly Big Buddha Cafe)
Ranked #202 of 465 Restaurants in Bophut
Cuisines: Thai, International, New Zealand
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tamarina Bistro&Bar is a Thai fusion seafood spot boating one of the best sunset view on Samui island. We value the art of traditional Thai cooking in combination with locally sourced seafood and a twist of Italian influence. Come relax and unwind under our ocean front Tamarind tree, we are ready to serve you!
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Went for lunch before the obligatory visit to the Big Buddha. View is nice looking over the water towards the Temple, watching the boat traffic and being cooled by a nice breeze. To the important bit the food, the menu is comprehensive to say the least, something for everyone's taste I would think. The meals we chose were good and plentiful, starving is not an option here ! Overall I would say that the BBC cafe offers good value, plenty on the plate and a terrific location. We will happily return to this restaurant, but will go for dinner and the sunset next time.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

BBC is the first business located on the right hand side of the road past the Big Bhudda turn off, when coming from Chaweng Beach.

The location is water front, where you can over see the bay/ Big Bhudda and watch the planes coming in to land at Samui International Airport.

We were greeted by an very polite and pleasant employee male who offered a choice of where to sit, they had what appeared to be a wedding party in so we chose a table away from them.

Menu is varied and covers everything from Thai- Western dishes and also has a great drinks list.

I went for a Club Sandwich with Mixed fruit shake, and enjoyed both.

FREE Wifi is available and is very handy to have.

Can't fault the staff, and definately reccommend this place! Its not super cheap but I thought it was great value for money.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Served Chang beer and Jacobs creek wine The most delicious lamb shanks with potato wrapped in a swan made of alfoil.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Went on a very windy afternoon. Restaurant was quite empty. It's a huge place right outside the small road to Big Buddha. The view's very nice. Menu is quite big with both western and Thai selection. A friend told me they have the best sandwich but I was in the mood for Thai so had a fried noodle and prawn cakes. The prawn cakes were huge, almost as big as my palm. It was quite thick so the waitress asked me to cut it and check if it's well cooked. It wasn't, so she took it back and brought it back within a few minutes. There were 4 in a portion so I could not finish by myself. The waitress asked automatically whether I wanted to take it with me. I declined but thought it was quite nice. Prawn cakes were crispy outside and juicy and soft inside with big chuncks of prawns. One of the best I ever had! Would definately be back again.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Good taste food. Сordon blue were very good! The waiters is correct. Good manager and service. Amazing views and sunsets.