“Greenhouse Apartments”

Ranked #48 of 215 Specialty Lodging in Bophut
Los Angeles, California
“Greenhouse Apartments”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I travel often, in and out of SE Asia.When on Samui I always stay at the Greenhouse Apartments in Fishermans village . I was one of the first guests when the appartments opened in 2005 and have enjoyed staying there ,ever since. I added up my stays and found to my surprise that I have spent nearly 15 months in total there! I know Thailand , and Samui in particular, and cannot find any other place that meets all my requirements as well as Greenhouse. I have a limited budget coupled with a need for quality surroundings. I find both there. The management are helpfull in every way and compliment my stay with friendship and concern. Things like transport to and from the airport,where to go for immagration issues,where to eat, interpretation of Thai law etc. are all offered by Rolf the manager who goes out of his way to make my stay an almost family event. The village itself is one of the areas on the island where I feel there is a good balance of modern and traditional Thai life. Of course the bonus each week is Friday nights "Walking Street". Sitting on the balcony with the colour and carnival passing below is a memorable and unique experience. Best value and ambiance on the island. I shall return. Thank you Rolf .

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank Tai P

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I have stayed here twice once in 2010 and again in September 2011
It's a nice place to stay in the heart of the pretty Fisherman's Village, it's not the coolest hippest most boutiqe place in Bho Phut but it is certainly value for money and the hospitality and friendliness of the host is excellent.

The rooms are nice enough, they're clean a nice housekeeper comes each day to change the bedding towels, do the washing up and replenish complimentary water etc...the bathrooms are OK but they are wet rooms and the water does take a long time to drain from the floor.

I had a pleasant time again during my recent stay and would certainly stay there again. Thanks Rolf!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Macko54
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2011

We found this place by just wandering around. Bun and Rolf the owners invited us in and immediately we new we would like it here. Rolf was very informative about where to go, the do's and dont's like hiring a bike etc.
We were looking for somewhere for a month were we could get up in the morning and just walk to everything rather than drive. We found it! The apartment is spacious with a well equipped kitchen large living area and huge bathroom. Bum keeps the place immaculate and Rolf's hands on expertise keeps everything running in tip top order, even when there are island power outages.
Below the apartment is a fabulous Pharmacy and Thai massage place the girls are excellent and very professional. Next door is The Kohinoor the best Indian restaurant I have tried as yet here on Samui.
The price here is very reasonable compared to some of the larger establishments, and here you are not just a hotel guest but a friend staying over!
I would definitely stay here again and recommend to friends which I have done and they too enjoyed the same great experience!
On Fridays you have a front row seat from your balcony of Fisherman's village Walking Street a weekly festive market filled with entertainment and stalls of crafts and food!
Tuk tuk sellers pass by daily we soon recognised them from their cute bells or horns the Khai Thom (hard boiled egg) man in the mornings, the Papaya salad and chicken BBQ lady in the afternoons and the dial pancake guy. I challenge you to find anywhere else with everything within walking distance.
Fisherman's village itself has a myriad of shops and restaurants.
You will not be disappointed, I promise!!!

Room Tip: Location fab and homely, great value.