I am really struggling to rate this, as many aspects were 5 star plus, others 1-2 star. Let's start with the good:
Amazing views and great rooms (we stayed in the Wow rooms)
Well equipped gym
Great pool - get a space early though as there are not many chairs due to the fact that the sun deck never had any chairs to use, so the sunbathers all congregate here and take up all the space. Put chairs on sun deck so it can be used!
Very friendly staff.
Nice massage treatments
Can hire scooters from resort. Slightly more expensive than the towns at $300B/day but that's still good.
Not so good:
Some days we didn't get fresh towels and tea bags never refilled. No milk in fridge. We resorted to grabbing extra towels from the pool to compensate. Quite expensive so hit a local 7/11 for supplies.
As part of our deal, we had a free dinner voucher which we ended up having to embarressingly debate for 20 minutes with the waiter who made claims that the voucher was misprinted and wrong, until I asked to speak with the manager to sort it out when he apologized. Not good enough, myself and family were embarrassed at the commotion and we had done nothing wrong than use the voucher provided. We didn't bother using our other voucher due to the fuss provided and difficulty in using.
The amazing views are afforded by being on the side of a steep hill. This means tough walks to rooms or calling for the cart to move around. It's very quick, but sometimes you'd like to be able to just walk around, if you have bad knees you will need to use the cart.
Shuttle service is free but could be run so much better, still appreciated it though. Taxis on koh samui are a rip-off. Hire a car or scooter instead if you stay here.
Book tours through reception and it all runs smoothly. Was hard booking on the phone but in person things could be sorted.
Would I stay again.....I don't know. I did enjoy it (dining experience aside)....great views and beautiful grounds, maybe???
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a hillside in the popular town of Bophut, Mantra Samui Resort offers guests some of the most spectacular panoramic views of Koh Samui's beautiful coastline. Guests can enjoy these views in peace while being only a short distance from countless shops, an array of local restaurants and some of the most stunning beaches you have ever seen. The complimentary shuttle bus service allows ease of travel to all of these local hotspots. The hotel has a wide range of comfortable yet luxurious rooms, most of which have an amazing ocean view. On-site facilities are available for guests to enjoy, including; superb cuisine at the View Restaurant, an infinity pool with wonderful views of the island, a variety of treatments at the ''Jai Spa'',offering complimentary classes daily, and a top of the range fitness center which is open from 6:00 am until 10 pm daily. Mantra Samui Resort also has a 24-hour staff-service for guests. If assistance is required at any time of the day, simply ask and one of the team will be happy to help. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Mantra Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Samui Hotel Bophut
- Mantra Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut