Just stayed 6 nights at Mantra resort with our 3 year old boy. As all the other reviews it's on a very steep hill and 10 mins bus into town.
For us it actually worked well as we had a room right behind the restaurant and pool, always managed to get a lounge right in front of the " baby/kids pool" which is built into the adult pool so I could watch my 3 year old whom one day spent 5 hours in the pool straight. It was however a little bit uncomfortable as he tended to yell and make a lot of noise, and was often the only child there. I think everyone looked forward to his nap in the afternoon!
It seemed a lot smaller than a lot of the bigger resorts, so as an adult it was divine, peace and quiet and a bit botique. Certainly not a sprawling resport with lots of grounds, no kids club, ( just a room with a few toys un supervised) they did seem to however fit a lot in on their small plot on the hill, squash courts, fully equipped gym, day spa, cinema. Only one restaurant and pool and no shop.
We did use the spa a lot, it was quiet affordable and some good deals. The food was fine, not your sprawling big hotel buffet but adequate. I liked the intimacy of the place, that everyone knew everyone within 48 hours, but not in your face, staff are excellent, rooms were big and spacious and lots of perks.( no iron though and pressing service was $5 per garment) Got the bus into town for friday night market, go early 4 - 5pm before it gets too crowded.
This is a perfect resort for retirees looking for peace and quiet, but note lots of stairs, make it clear when booking you need a room without too many stairs. If your after an incredible view this is the place, away from the noise of 100's of kids screaming in the pool ( trust me I have one and even I hate it) Honeymooners might get bored quickly and want a bit more action. The secret to this hotel is it's size, that is what makes it special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a hillside in the popular town of Bophut, Mantra Samui Resort offers guests some of the most spectacular panoramic views of Koh Samui's beautiful coastline. Guests can enjoy these views in peace while being only a short distance from countless shops, an array of local restaurants and some of the most stunning beaches you have ever seen. The complimentary shuttle bus service allows ease of travel to all of these local hotspots. The hotel has a wide range of comfortable yet luxurious rooms, most of which have an amazing ocean view. On-site facilities are available for guests to enjoy, including; superb cuisine at the View Restaurant, an infinity pool with wonderful views of the island, a variety of treatments at the ''Jai Spa'',offering complimentary classes daily, and a top of the range fitness center which is open from 6:00 am until 10 pm daily. Mantra Samui Resort also has a 24-hour staff-service for guests. If assistance is required at any time of the day, simply ask and one of the team will be happy to help. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mantra Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Samui Hotel Bophut
- Mantra Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut