Beautiful hotel in a beautiful area. The staff were lovely and particularly Joe, at reception was very helpful. The rooms are large, clean, with comfy beds and well equipped and the wifi, TV, movies and free phone calls are a huge plus (and they all work great!). The shower was hot with great pressure. The Mantra phrases, signage and uniforms are fun to read and make for a fun environment. The gym is one of the nicest hotel gyms we've used…great equipment, well taken care of, air conditioned and with a great view. The free shuttle service to the beach was also a great amenity. The breakfast was fresh and tasty….with lots to chose from. Room service was delicious and fast. The pool offered stunning views but plan on only enjoying it from in the pool… as there is little to no chance of getting a deck chair…they are full by 8am with people staking them out for the day. There is an alternate sun deck available though.
On a note for improvement...We went to happy hour and had tasty cocktails but while we were there, we watched one bartender (Farang) slurp from the spoon while he was making simple syrup and put the spoon back in it…and that same bartender used his hands to scoop the crushed ice into glasses and cover the glass with his hand while he shook the drink.
And while we throughly enjoyed this hotel and we make the most of everything….just a note for future bookers….do not book this hotel through an online booking site….only go directly through the Mantra's own website. They do not hold the same value to your booking if you book outside of them as we found out this trip.
We booked in early-November 2013 (for our stay that just past) through a well known online site after a special weekend sale was offered. If not for this booking site we wouldn't have even known about this hotel in the first place.
While it was a sale rate, that rate was obviously approved and offered by Mantra themselves, and was still for a specific category and specific room amenities (i.e.…Love room with jacuzzi and its own sun deck). This was not a rate where you just get whatever is available….it was specific to that room and cost more (even on sale) than another room option.
After booking, we were then in contact with Mantra directly to book a private dinner on our Love room veranda (the only type of room that has this capability) and were assured that all departments were aware and that it was all arranged. Upon checking in, we were informed that the private dinner was not possible as it was now high season….okay…totally understandable and not a problem. They offered to upgrade us to a Cozy room (this room is only a few baht more per night and does not have a sun deck, only a small balcony and no jacuzzi). When we were shown our room, it was viewing the sea but obstructed by the ducts and back of the kitchen. The ducts sprayed smoke and odours directly at our balcony so we wouldn't be able to sit outside. Not overly thrilled with the crappy location of this room, we asked to see the original Love room that we booked. This was to have a full sun deck w jacuzzi outside on the deck….they showed us our originally assigned room which turned out to be literally beside the parking lot….so to lay out on our veranda or sit in our jacuzzi meant that every car, shuttle, van, golf cart and person that came or went from the parking area and front lobby was just meters away and it was super noisy. and not at all private….hardly a LOVE room. Unfortunately, NOT a good location either, so….since we were informed that those were our only options as the hotel was fully booked, we opted to stay in the Cozy room which looked at the kitchen but at least didn't have so many people and traffic by it. (The hotel DID reroute the ductwork the very next morning so it didn't vent right at our balcony, so we do thank them for that and appreciate it).
We realize that it is peak season and that we got a sale rate, HOWEVER, this rate was sanctioned by the hotel on a website that THEY chose to promote their hotel and it was for a specific type and level of room, and since we booked in early November we would have thought that our booking would have warranted a better room/view as we booked so early, not the parking lot.
We were later informed (hush-hush from another staff) that we didn't get a 'prime' view/room assigned to our booking since we didn't go through the hotel to book directly, rather an online site and because we paid less for that room than other clients.
THAT was a huge disappointment. Very upsetting to know that our booking was clearly not as valuable simply because we got it on sale (that they offered!) and didn't go through Mantra directly. That's like saying I should expect sour milk if I get it on sale!!!
As much as we loved this hotel and it's concept and amenities, this booking incident spoiled it for us. We will also certainly think twice before using an online booking website again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a hillside in the popular town of Bophut, Mantra Samui Resort offers guests some of the most spectacular panoramic views of Koh Samui's beautiful coastline. Guests can enjoy these views in peace while being only a short distance from countless shops, an array of local restaurants and some of the most stunning beaches you have ever seen. The complimentary shuttle bus service allows ease of travel to all of these local hotspots. The hotel has a wide range of comfortable yet luxurious rooms, most of which have an amazing ocean view. On-site facilities are available for guests to enjoy, including; superb cuisine at the View Restaurant, an infinity pool with wonderful views of the island, a variety of treatments at the ''Jai Spa'',offering complimentary classes daily, and a top of the range fitness center which is open from 6:00 am until 10 pm daily. Mantra Samui Resort also has a 24-hour staff-service for guests. If assistance is required at any time of the day, simply ask and one of the team will be happy to help. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Mantra Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Samui Hotel Bophut
- Mantra Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut