On arrival the entrance is a bit underwhelming - there's a big power generator and a load of scooters and cars parked.
That can't really be helped given its location - it's up a very steep hill off the main road. It's quite a bit back from the ocean, you need to get a shuttle down into the town.
However looking past first impressions the staff are friendly and everything was quite inexpensive.
Everything was good value for money
Food, Spa etc were all very affordable.
The spa was very good value considering the prices at larger resorts.
I wouldn't class it as a 5 star resort, more like somewhere in small hotel 4 star.
There were a few tiny details like one of the wooden handrails came off outside our room - needs repair.
Another night we couldn't get into the room - the key wouldn't open the door, we both tried and couldn't get it open, then one of the staff could open it with our key (don't know why it wouldn't open for us) - was surprising to be using keys anyway - it would be better to fit the rooms with key cards as most hotels use.
Also coming down to the pool area from the room would be good to have handrail as when it rains the steps get really slippy.
It was good value on the discounted room rate that was advertised online.
Food was good - very tasty and well presented.
Breakfast - at first I thought it was a bit limited but wasnt really - rather than having everything out on display, if you want anything like eggs sausages they will cook fresh, also they will prepare whatever requirements you have.
Pool was small - my guess is that most people who stay here would go out in the afternoon diving or island hopping etc - it's more like a hotel for coming back to chill after doing activities all day - unless you just want to sunbathe all day, but for me it's a bit too small to spend all day, the spacing between loungers is tight - I found because the pool area was very small.
Gym is modern and new.
Staff very accommodating, friendly.
Room - bed was fine, ac a bit noisy, 2 TVs, nice balcony view,bathroom was good. Overall it was fine. Could do with some new paint, a renovation - marks on walls from luggage, the table had marks all over it etc.
Overall - good value for the prices advertised ATM.
If I was wanting to do stuff in Bophut for a few days, I'd probably stay here as it was so cheap, but for a solid week for example where I just wanted to chill all day, I'd probably choose a larger resort that is on the ocean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a hillside in the popular town of Bophut, Mantra Samui Resort offers guests some of the most spectacular panoramic views of Koh Samui's beautiful coastline. Guests can enjoy these views in peace while being only a short distance from countless shops, an array of local restaurants and some of the most stunning beaches you have ever seen. The complimentary shuttle bus service allows ease of travel to all of these local hotspots. The hotel has a wide range of comfortable yet luxurious rooms, most of which have an amazing ocean view. On-site facilities are available for guests to enjoy, including; superb cuisine at the View Restaurant, an infinity pool with wonderful views of the island, a variety of treatments at the ''Jai Spa'',offering complimentary classes daily, and a top of the range fitness center which is open from 6:00 am until 10 pm daily. Mantra Samui Resort also has a 24-hour staff-service for guests. If assistance is required at any time of the day, simply ask and one of the team will be happy to help. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Samui Hotel Bophut
- Mantra Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut