My husband and I stayed here for 2 weeks in February 2013. This place was simply lovely.
We arrived quite late in the evening but check in was a breeze. Our room was at the very top so you definitely needed a golf cart to whisk you up there - but there always seemed plenty of these around so it never felt like an inconvenience.
Our room was large, had a great sea view and really comfortable. Bed was large and comfy and the room was equipped with all mod cons. The TV/PC system was fantastic. The library of films and shows was extensive. We also really appreciated the free Wifi.
Breakfasts were fabulous! So much choice on offer, I'm not surprised that I gained weight on this trip. Lots of fruit, cereals, breads, pastries as well as different cooked breakfast options. Definitely a highlight.
The pool area was beautiful. Although the sun loungers were really funky, some had seen better days and there just wasn't enough room for everyone. We were lucky to get beds every day but we are early risers so we didn't struggle. However late sleepers did struggle and we did see a couple of heated exchanges between people about bed hogging.
The bar was great. The cocktails were delicious - my favourite being the porn star martini which was just the best!
We only ate at the hotel a couple of times. Food was good but we preferred venturing out and trying new things. Shuttle buses to Fisherman's Village and Chaweng Beach were very convenient.
All in all this was one of the best value for money trips I have ever taken. The hotel had a cool, laid back boutique vibe which we really liked. What really made it special was the staff who were attentive to your needs and really made you feel welcomed. I would definitely come back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a hillside in the popular town of Bophut, Mantra Samui Resort offers guests some of the most spectacular panoramic views of Koh Samui's beautiful coastline. Guests can enjoy these views in peace while being only a short distance from countless shops, an array of local restaurants and some of the most stunning beaches you have ever seen. The complimentary shuttle bus service allows ease of travel to all of these local hotspots. The hotel has a wide range of comfortable yet luxurious rooms, most of which have an amazing ocean view. On-site facilities are available for guests to enjoy, including; superb cuisine at Ubuntu Restaurant, an infinity pool with wonderful views of the island, a variety of treatments at the ''Splendid Spa'', a yoga studio with Himalayan Salt Bricks - offering complimentary classes daily, and a top of the range fitness center which is open 24 hours a day. Mantra Samui Resort also has a 24-hour staff-service for guests. If assistance is required at any time of the day, simply ask and one of the team will be happy to help. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Mantra Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Samui Hotel Bophut
- Mantra Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut