What can I say ? Every time I try to write a review I start daydreaming, wishing I was back there. To me - to us, Mantra is a true paradise. A place we can relax and really wind down and re charge our batteries.
As a returning guest this is my second review. Spent three weeks last July/August with my partner. This year it was my 80 year old mothers turn to have a dream holiday; Almost three weeks at Mantra. She´s in good shape so I was not at all worried about the steep hills. And as it turned out, - it was never a problem during our stay.
OK, so Mantra IS out of the way. And that´s exactly why we love it. If we wanted “party party” we would stay in Chaweng. Spending a day or an evening in Chaweng make us appreciate Mantra even more. Having stayed at Mantra before, we knew the drill and it´s no problem to plan around the shuttle schedule. Even so, a taxi from Bophut is only BHT 300, not too bad !
As last year, we stayed in a Cosy Suite. Love., LOVE those rooms. Big and spacious. Perfectly located close to pool/restaurant, with a great view. Watching the sun rise every morning, - the Mantra sky is never the same two days in a row. During our stay we never had problems with hot/cold water or airconditioning. Everything was working perfectly. Wifi Internet connection a bit slow at times, but hey, - you´re in Koh Samui ! The beds are good and when we asked for duvets, housekeeping was there in 5 minutes to make the beds. Our room was kept nice and clean thoughout our stay .
We didn´t have any problems with mosqitos, just one evening after a tropical storm. Thanks to the small gecko in our room. He kept out of our way and kept the room bug free. We saw ONE single cockroach. And that was thanks to our neighbor, who didn´t follow the recommendation on the printed card to call housekeeping to get trays picked up after room service, but instead placed the tray outside the door, including scraps of food and pizza crusts. You are basically in the jungle, leaving food outside is a big no-no and an invitation to hungry bugs/animals. Honestly !
FOOD & DRINK
LOVE Mantra food ! Breakfast is fantastic. Eggs (more than three dishes), pancakes, noodle station, breads, pastries….. You don’t need to eat the same breakfast twice if you´re staying two weeks. And dinner ? Like last year, we ate our way through the menu. We found our favourites, and some courses were chosen both two and three times. We found the prices medium range, not cheap, but not too expensive either. And the quality is really good too. Cooking class with JuMp is a must ! Every Tuesday at 15.00 ! I´ve been to six of his cooking classes now and it´s informative, fun and he shows us cooking Thai food from scratch is easy ! Zoli and Tay in the bar are true artists who surprised us with their creations every night. You don´t even need to open the bar menu, ask them to surprise you – and they will.
Mantra´s greatest assets is the PEOPLE working there. Never once have we experienced rude staff. There might be something lost in translation when some guests find the staff rude. If you bother greeting them with a sawadee ka(p) or at least a smile, - and if you talk TO them, not AT them, - you will find they are a warm, friendly and very welcoming group. We did witness some guests acting very rude toward the staff, - and at a couple of occations actually told the guests in question to show some manners and behave. My 80 year old mom felt very protective towards the staff and she was soon “Mom” to most of them. She loved it, - the people, the hotel – everything. We both did.
We miss Mantra and will come back for a third visit., to see our Mantra family, Manager Robert & family, Khun Koong, the reception angels, Khun Oh & Khun JuMP and their fellow Chefs, Zoli & Khun Tay at the bar, Khun Man (miss you guys !) , Mario, Khun Nuch, Khun Boy, Khun Tor, Khun On, Khun Eas, Khun Rat – yes all of the restaurant/bar staff and of course the housekeeping staff who came to say goodbye when we left. Thank you all for making our stay such a healing, relaxing and memorable one. Lots of love to our Mantra Family from Mom and Elisabeth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a hillside in the popular town of Bophut, Mantra Samui Resort offers guests some of the most spectacular panoramic views of Koh Samui's beautiful coastline. Guests can enjoy these views in peace while being only a short distance from countless shops, an array of local restaurants and some of the most stunning beaches you have ever seen. The complimentary shuttle bus service allows ease of travel to all of these local hotspots. The hotel has a wide range of comfortable yet luxurious rooms, most of which have an amazing ocean view. On-site facilities are available for guests to enjoy, including; superb cuisine at the View Restaurant, an infinity pool with wonderful views of the island, a variety of treatments at the ''Jai Spa'',offering complimentary classes daily, and a top of the range fitness center which is open from 6:00 am until 10 pm daily. Mantra Samui Resort also has a 24-hour staff-service for guests. If assistance is required at any time of the day, simply ask and one of the team will be happy to help. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mantra Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Samui Hotel Bophut
- Mantra Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut