This place was amazing, they sent me a reminder email 3 days before we were due to arrive asking if I wanted a transfer from the airport, I got the transfers for free because I booked direct through their website. There was a guy waiting for us at the airport in this PIMPED out van, just for the two of us! We went up the hill, which has amazing views, and got to reception. They are all very friendly and speak pretty good english! We got whisked to our room and were left alone with smiles. We were in a COZY room which was just perfect for the two of us. We had a great view and were only two flights of stairs to the pool/bar/restaurant! The food was GREAT. We got breakkie for free and god it was good. Pricing is a bit higher at the restaurant but you can get snacks for a decent price. The pool is great, beers were cheap and the people, staff and other travellers alike, were hilarious and friendly. Our room was clean with a few scuff marks on walls and floorboards so if you're a sensitive soul best to pay $550 a night at a "5 star" resort instead. This resort is relaxed and casual, the staff have a joke and have many laughs!
The WiFi was free and easy to connect most times to our iPhones but it wasn't stable or very quick BUT Koh Samui is a mini island... so it was something I had to get used to.
The shuttles were pretty good for us, you just call up and let them know what time you want to go, they pick you up in the buggy and you jump in the Mantra van. Then you book a time to return... easy. And it's free! There could be another shuttle at night coming back BUT we never needed it.
I actually got a tummy bug throughout my stay and they took me, all by myself, in one of the big vans, to a pharmacy! Free of charge and didn't bat an eyelid! It is a 'hilly' resort so I couldn't be bothered walking arounf but the buggy takes you to and from your room whenever you want. Being away from Chawang is a tad annoying as I would have loved to just walk there but you get used to organising yourself to jump on a shuttle.
My partner made good friends with one of the bar staff, Tom, who is really cute!!! He was a great highlight of our trip. I hope someone gives him a big hug for us!
We never ordered room service but spoke with some ladies that told us it was basically 24 hours! They were ordering dinner at midnight and at the same price as the restaurant!
We never had an issue with the daybeds by the pool, it got busy at breakkie but most moved on after 1-2 hours. Many times my partner and I ended up with the whole area to ourselves! And waking up early to catch the sunrise is a must. The massage spa is really nice, I had a free massage given to me by a lady we met there, cute, and it was amazing, but I wouldn't have paid for it, the spa prices are really, really over priced, I know they will always be a little more then in town but these were really up there.
I could go on and on. Everything was easy and relaxed from the moment we arrived to the time of checkout. Just keep in mind it is a calm, welcoming and easygoing resort that will do anything for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a hillside in the popular town of Bophut, Mantra Samui Resort offers guests some of the most spectacular panoramic views of Koh Samui's beautiful coastline. Guests can enjoy these views in peace while being only a short distance from countless shops, an array of local restaurants and some of the most stunning beaches you have ever seen. The complimentary shuttle bus service allows ease of travel to all of these local hotspots. The hotel has a wide range of comfortable yet luxurious rooms, most of which have an amazing ocean view. On-site facilities are available for guests to enjoy, including; superb cuisine at the View Restaurant, an infinity pool with wonderful views of the island, a variety of treatments at the ''Jai Spa'',offering complimentary classes daily, and a top of the range fitness center which is open from 6:00 am until 10 pm daily. Mantra Samui Resort also has a 24-hour staff-service for guests. If assistance is required at any time of the day, simply ask and one of the team will be happy to help. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mantra Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Samui Hotel Bophut
- Mantra Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut