Having booked 90 days in advance we received a significant discount on our hotel room. I would have been disappointed if I had paid full price but with the discount if made it great.
The rooms are clean, though already in need of repair. Their free Wi-Fi was a little temperamental, though I guess we were in Thailand. Our room was close to the restaurant so were woken either by the early morning music or by the banging of the construction. That was a little disappointing.
The gym is great but bloody hot. They really need to tint the windows as it gets direct morning sun. Poor air-conditioner struggles. Don't be fooled by the "free laundry for gym clothes". They will return 3 days later which makes it pointless.
The breakfasts were getting tired as well. They 3 items that are menu items (which are tiny) and the rest is just scrambled eggs / omelette with bacon / side. They had one thai dish but was usually a haphazard last minute thought (that looked like it was last nights leftovers). The pastries were great and is normally all I ate.
Lunch and dinner were pretty good, expensive but that is to be expected at the hotel. Beers were luckily on special for 90 THB because trying to charge 150 THB for something that's 50 THB in the village would be a bit of a joke. Where you can try to eat at the village (Bo Phut) as it will be cheaper.
The pool is great (very warm) however when they are full you struggle to get a seat late morning. It will clear up again in the afternoon. Despite the signs, people will still reserve pool chairs. The pool bar and staff were great (especially "Bee" who was very friendly). The pool chairs are way too high (I know, small things) and the staff struggle a bit with noticing when you need another drink. (You could be waiting for a while trying to get their attention while they chat or do other things). Another not quite 5 star service thing.
The hotel is a fair way away from anywhere, so you do need to take advantage of the free shuttle bus. Even if you are fit, it is unlikely you will walk down to the main street more than once.... its a while in the heat.
I and the wife had a few massages there and they were very friendly, probably the best in terms of service at the whole hotel.
All in all, if you're paying over $200 per night its going to disappoint you, but if you get a discounted rate you will be happy with the experience
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a hillside in the popular town of Bophut, Mantra Samui Resort offers guests some of the most spectacular panoramic views of Koh Samui's beautiful coastline. Guests can enjoy these views in peace while being only a short distance from countless shops, an array of local restaurants and some of the most stunning beaches you have ever seen. The complimentary shuttle bus service allows ease of travel to all of these local hotspots. The hotel has a wide range of comfortable yet luxurious rooms, most of which have an amazing ocean view. On-site facilities are available for guests to enjoy, including; superb cuisine at the View Restaurant, an infinity pool with wonderful views of the island, a variety of treatments at the ''Jai Spa'',offering complimentary classes daily, and a top of the range fitness center which is open from 6:00 am until 10 pm daily. Mantra Samui Resort also has a 24-hour staff-service for guests. If assistance is required at any time of the day, simply ask and one of the team will be happy to help. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mantra Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Samui Hotel Bophut
- Mantra Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut