The hotel is very funky and unusual. We really enjoyed our 2 week stay. The hotel owners and staff have turned the location into a unique selling point. Yes it is away from the beach but the shuttles get you to Chaweng or Bophut and are very good. The views from the balcony of room 132 are amazing and need to be seen to be believed. The jacuzzi bath on the balcony is a great treat when it's very hot and you need to cool off. The infinity pool is also spectacular allowing you to swim towards that fantastic view or you can swim up to the bar and enjoy a drink whilst in the pool. Just simply magical.
As mentioned in other posts the hotel is hilly but we found it good exercise that got easier as our stay went on. We could have opted to use the chauffeur driven buggies that were always available but we chose to walk off the sumptuous meals from the mantra restaurant.
We eat at the restaurant a few times and the garlic bread was the best we have ever had. The pineapple pie of the day was also the best dessert we have had in our two week stay. Try it. It was simple divine.
Thank you to Koong and the team for making our stay so perfect. We hope to see you again next year and are already saving up to come back in 2014.
Paul and Wendy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a hillside in the popular town of Bophut, Mantra Samui Resort offers guests some of the most spectacular panoramic views of Koh Samui's beautiful coastline. Guests can enjoy these views in peace while being only a short distance from countless shops, an array of local restaurants and some of the most stunning beaches you have ever seen. The complimentary shuttle bus service allows ease of travel to all of these local hotspots. The hotel has a wide range of comfortable yet luxurious rooms, most of which have an amazing ocean view. On-site facilities are available for guests to enjoy, including; superb cuisine at the View Restaurant, an infinity pool with wonderful views of the island, a variety of treatments at the ''Jai Spa'',offering complimentary classes daily, and a top of the range fitness center which is open from 6:00 am until 10 pm daily. Mantra Samui Resort also has a 24-hour staff-service for guests. If assistance is required at any time of the day, simply ask and one of the team will be happy to help. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mantra Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Samui Hotel Bophut
- Mantra Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut