Excellent place to get away from the bustle of Chaweng. Comfortable, clean rooms with great views, especially in the rooms highest up the hill.
Great breakfast selection, phenomenal gym and infinity pool. The only drawback that should be noted for visitors that are elderly or not mobile is the steep pitch of the resort paths going between the rooms and the main restaurant and pool complex. Can get around this if you don't mind waiting a minute or two for golf-cart transport--especially if raining or after dark.
Don't let the odd lobby/ garage style reception area form your opinion of this place--room views, quality of room comforts, in-room streaming movies, and the on-site movie theatre make this the perfect place to escape for a while.
Shuttle bus service into town is being improved with more daily departures, this may limit you to the restaurant for dinners, but we did take-away or dined in-town most nights. Cookware and dishes were brought up quickly when requested.
Restaurant is ok, with somewhat western or fusion versions of Thai dishes, but depends on what you are looking for. Resort pricing for drinks and meals is naturally higher relative to the restaurant pricing in Chaweng.
Above all, service was excellent and memorable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a hillside in the popular town of Bophut, Mantra Samui Resort offers guests some of the most spectacular panoramic views of Koh Samui's beautiful coastline. Guests can enjoy these views in peace while being only a short distance from countless shops, an array of local restaurants and some of the most stunning beaches you have ever seen. The complimentary shuttle bus service allows ease of travel to all of these local hotspots. The hotel has a wide range of comfortable yet luxurious rooms, most of which have an amazing ocean view. On-site facilities are available for guests to enjoy, including; superb cuisine at the View Restaurant, an infinity pool with wonderful views of the island, a variety of treatments at the ''Jai Spa'',offering complimentary classes daily, and a top of the range fitness center which is open from 6:00 am until 10 pm daily. Mantra Samui Resort also has a 24-hour staff-service for guests. If assistance is required at any time of the day, simply ask and one of the team will be happy to help. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Samui Hotel Bophut
- Mantra Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut