“Hotel with a special touch!”

Mantra Samui Resort
Ranked #24 of 187 Hotels in Bophut
“Hotel with a special touch!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at Mantra for 2 days, the room was clean and spacious with free wifi and many movies to choose from, we were even allowed to make free international calls to family and friends to wish them merry xmas. Our room had a beautiful view, looking out onto the pool and we with a view of the ocean. Staff were very friendly and accommodating and the restaurant made delicious food!! I would definitely stay their again!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a 6 night stay at the Mantra. We were both very impressed with the resort and can't really find fault with anything. The staff were very friendly and the service provided was top notch.

The facilities at the resort included a cinema, spa, squash court, gym, yoga classes, 24 hr pool with a bar and restaurant open till around 11.00pm.

The resort also run free daily shuttle services to both Bophut and Chaweng beach throughout the day. These could be booked in your room by simply calling reception and booking the time you needed to go.

Rooms are cleaned every day and bedding changed daily. There is a fridge in the room fully stocked with mini bar items plus a safety deposit box in the room which was very handy.

Air conditioning comes as standard and the temperature is easy to control via the remote unit.

The view from our room was outstanding and this was also the case at the pool / bar area. The resort is set back up in the hills so you really do get a good view of the coast and surrounding areas.

Must also mention that the breakfast was excellent every day with a good selection of fruit / cereals and pastries.

You do get the choice of bacon/eggs/sausage/mushrooms too!

We also ate a few times at the resort restaurant and I have to say the food was very well presented and cooked perfectly.

This was my first trip to Thailand and I was glad that we chose the Mantra as it made our holiday extra special.

Room Tip: We stated in a WOW room which was right at the top of the hill but had the best views. A steep climb...
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We got upgraded from a Love room to a bigger (suite-like) Cozy room even before we arrived. With great excitement we landed in Samui with big expectations. We were greeted by our private hotel shuttle with a swanky iPad flashing my name. Reached the resort in abt 15 mins from the aiport, climbing up a steep hill. There was no reception lobby, just a bunch of casual friendly staff who did an imediate check-in. Infact they had ti all ready. I'll first write abt the drawback- the way to the rooms are really steep, since its on a hill. Walkin up is ruled out, even for the averagely fit person, and the buggy ride makes it even more scary, since the slope is soo steep, that you will have to hold on tight to your buggy or risk slipping out. And NO beach access. I could easily minus 2 stars from my rating for this.. but im still going with 5 stars for mantra. Cuz the amazing Rooms, huge and spacious, with panaroma views of the blue seas was breathtaking. SERVICE was impeccable. They would do anything for you with a smile. Bottle Water is Free, Food priced reasonable and Free wifi + desktop pc on the rooms! What more one could ask for. The buggy would be at your doorstep in moments from your call to the reception to take you around. No hesitation. We loved every bit of it (except communiting on slopes in the buggy). Cheers to the Mantra Team!

Room Tip: Book direct with hotel for getting free airport shuttle.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kolkata (Calcutta), India

We stayed in Love room,

I cant explain in words how unique was our experience in this hotel. Everything was so customized and had so much of personal touch. The view was fantastic from our room, the private jacuzzi was excellent, the breakfast was v good, the staff services was very warm and personalized. The Shuttle services was good. BEST PLACE FOR HONEYMOONERS, BEST VALUE FOR MONEY.

There were so many things which cannot be summarized in words, for eg. swimming pool was unique in its own way, they also had book racks so that one can spend hours reading story books by the pool.

When we were entering the hotel we thought that we have booked the wrong place as it was locate on a hill and it was almost impossible to climb up n down to main road from the hotel. But the free shuttle services to n from chaweng/ fisherman's village saved us.

Mantra made the Koh-Samui experience a memory for a lifetime.

Although we will suggest that last shuttle service to chaweng should be at 11 instead on 9.30 in the night.

Room Tip: We stayed in Love Room
Cochin
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

This was one of the most perfect stays I had in a long time... I came to Thailand for the very first time and flew directly to koh samui.... I was a little worried about the communication and new place etc.. Then came the lovely mantra staff to pick me up at the airport, from that point till I checked out it felt like home to me...... that's it all worries gone and koh samui became the next home for a week... Mantra samui resort is a very special experience for me which changed my entire outlook of Thailand and thai people... Now I love Thailand and will definitely come back... I definetely recommend mantra to all without a second thought. Simply awesome team mantra keep it up... Already have my travel planned in my mind back :-)

• Stayed December 2012
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 25, 2012

The LOVE room was wonderful! It was huge (with jacuzzi and sunbed on the balcony, cozy living room, nice king sized bed, and cozy bathing facility). I requested for a room with more privacy and was allocated room 132. The views from the balcony were breathtaking! There were some minor hiccups though, with flying insects in the bathroom on the first night, though the staff was quick to spray some insecticide to rectify the problem promptly and that the shower temperature was unstable (sometimes cold/hot). Although the resort is located on a hill and is very inconvenient and dangerous (especially at night) to walk to the main road (about 2 km away), there are shuttle services to Bophut and Chaweng beaches daily. I felt it could be better if there were more shuttle services after 5pm and if the service can be extended to midnight. There is still the option of taking taxi (Bophut - around 300 THB, Chaweng - around 400-500 THB). The breakfast at Mantra was fantastic, my partner and I loved the pancakes with banana and fried noodles in particular. Staff were friendly and attentive. The pool is just beside the restaurant, it has wonderful views but it can be very crowded in the morning and early afternoon. I was lucky to catch the off peak period around 4 plus in the afternoon. The restaurant and pool is just a uphill slope away from the room. Daily walking up and down the slope is good exercise! Else there are buggies to take you anywhere around the resort. Overall, this resort earned my thumbs up for the friendly staff and their thoughtful gestures, and also the wonderful views and amenities.

Room Tip: LOVE room 132 is quiet and offers plenty of privacy.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 25, 2012

My absolute favourite of the whole trip around Thailand. Fantastic service, with amazing facilities providing way more than expected, like an ipod dock, free international calls, gorgeous room, great breakfast buffet, shuttle buses, great gym and more. It's peaceful and the perfect resort to relax in! Definitely coming back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends