My wife and I went to Koh Samui in early summer and decided to stay at Mantra throughout our 8 day trip. Our experience from start to finish was PHENOMENAL! Arriving at the airport on Koh Samui, the shuttle was waiting for us... it was clean, and the driver was very courteous.
The drive to Mantra is a little rocky, as the road to the hotel was a little bit "unfinished". The location is isolated, so don't expect to walk a lot of places, but the hotel provides shuttles to most locations on the island.
Once we were at the hotel, the staff welcomed us with drinks and cold towels. They were very nice and drove us to our room (we got one of the Love rooms with the personal jacuzzi tub) in a golf cart.
The room was HUGE, and had a lot of ammenities (coffee/espresso machine, tv and computer). It was very stylish and relaxing with a breathtaking view of the water.
The restaurant had fantastic food. I would definitely recommend the Thai curries, especially the Massaman curry. We ate probably half of our meals here and still didn't have time to try everything.
The infiniti pool was great, we used it often and it was never too crowded. There is a swim up bar and they have towel service poolside.
The fitness center was very nice for hotel standards and has the same amazing view, plus a smoothie bar. We bought a couples Thai massage at Mantra during our stay and I would highly recommend it!
Overall, this was one of the nicest hotels I have stayed at, the amenities were amazing, the view was probably the best on the island, and the staff was extremely nice and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a hillside in the popular town of Bophut, Mantra Samui Resort offers guests some of the most spectacular panoramic views of Koh Samui's beautiful coastline. Guests can enjoy these views in peace while being only a short distance from countless shops, an array of local restaurants and some of the most stunning beaches you have ever seen. The complimentary shuttle bus service allows ease of travel to all of these local hotspots. The hotel has a wide range of comfortable yet luxurious rooms, most of which have an amazing ocean view. On-site facilities are available for guests to enjoy, including; superb cuisine at the View Restaurant, an infinity pool with wonderful views of the island, a variety of treatments at the ''Jai Spa'',offering complimentary classes daily, and a top of the range fitness center which is open from 6:00 am until 10 pm daily. Mantra Samui Resort also has a 24-hour staff-service for guests. If assistance is required at any time of the day, simply ask and one of the team will be happy to help. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Samui Hotel Bophut
- Mantra Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut