The mantra is a hotel offering 5 star accomodation that says it caters to family's. I'm not convinced, the children's play facilities are minimal at best with a pool area so confined with a limited amount of area around it all filled by day beds. Any splashing around the pool might soak a patron lazing in the sun.
The views the mantra prides itself on in every room, impressive for most, except for the grand rooms that due to safety reasons they are on the ground level. Our outlook is on the back wall of the rooftop sun bed area. Our other room has a view of the roof tops of the buildings in front and If you look beyond this water views. This is a far cry from some of the uninterrupted spectacular views offered to other rooms.
The staff are friendly and accommodating and the food here while expensive is of good quality. The coffees are good quality, expect to pay 150 Baht each, around $5 Australian, too expensive, as for the coffee machines in each room, what they don't tell you is it costs 80 baht each to make your own and there is no milk in the rooms. That being said coffees are included in the breakfasts, so make the most of them!
Yes the mantra is a nice resort but a bit out of the way for family's with children who need a convenient base. The shuttle service is good just a little too infrequent for the return trips. Also there is only one restaurant, just called different names. Breakfasts were included and great quality but at other meal times the restaurant is empty with patrons going elsewhere to eat with better value.
Overall I will have fond memories of our stay at mantra and would recommend it to others, if you want views don't get the Grand rooms as they are on the ground floor especially room 207 and 208 as they are situated behind a wall.
I would also like to see management make non smoking around the pool as some smokers don't hesitate to light up next to small children or other people in close proximity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a hillside in the popular town of Bophut, Mantra Samui Resort offers guests some of the most spectacular panoramic views of Koh Samui's beautiful coastline. Guests can enjoy these views in peace while being only a short distance from countless shops, an array of local restaurants and some of the most stunning beaches you have ever seen. The complimentary shuttle bus service allows ease of travel to all of these local hotspots. The hotel has a wide range of comfortable yet luxurious rooms, most of which have an amazing ocean view. On-site facilities are available for guests to enjoy, including; superb cuisine at Ubuntu Restaurant, an infinity pool with wonderful views of the island, a variety of treatments at the ''Splendid Spa'', a yoga studio with Himalayan Salt Bricks - offering complimentary classes daily, and a top of the range fitness center which is open 24 hours a day. Mantra Samui Resort also has a 24-hour staff-service for guests. If assistance is required at any time of the day, simply ask and one of the team will be happy to help. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Mantra Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Samui Hotel Bophut
- Mantra Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut