We stayed at the Mantra Samui Resort for three nights, and we were very happy with our stay. At first, I was a little hesitant at first, as we are Starwood Preferred Guests, and only stay at Starwood hotels, but due to the location of le Meridien on Koh Samui, we thought we would give the Mantra a try instead.
We booked direct through the website, which was a very pain free process, and ended up saving 65% off our room rate because we booked early. A car was waiting for us at the airport, and took us straight to the resort. The check in process was quick and easy, and we were whisked away to our room (the Love room) by golf cart.
I was a little dissapointed by the room when I first saw it, as it didn't seem as luxurious as what we are used to, but the bed was soft and very comfy, and they had a selection of pillows that even I found one I was happy with (I am very fussy!) Decor and furnishings were modern and in good condition, and the amenities were also high standard and plentiful. The shower was hot all the time, and had great water pressure. With regards to the room, my only negatives would be there is no aircon in the bathroom, so it gets very hot and stuffy after a shower, and the jacuzzi is on the front balcony, which provides no privacy (I thought it might be at the rear of the room, but it is in view for all to see!)
We ate at the restaurant every day we were there. The food is amazing! They better not get rid of their chef, because everything we ate, we enjoyed! Breakfast was excellent, with a lot of food varieties and plenty of food to fill up even the biggest of appetites. We ordered omlettes and pancakes every morning to go with the rest of the hot buffet. It is worth staying at this resort just for the brekky! Food is very well priced considering it is a resort (obviously you can get it cheaper in town, but if you are looking to spend a few relaxing days at the resort, it has all you need). On the Thursday night, they offer a traditional Thai buffet with a Thai dance. The food was amazing, but quite expensive. Staff at the restaurant were very friendly, but often did not understand basic English, and it took a while to get our order in! That would be my only negative about the restarurant, otherwise, loved it!
The resort facilities were very good, and clean. They have the pool that looks over the ocean and mountains, and it is beautiful to sit in there and sip a cocktail, enjoying the view! There are not many day beds by the pool though, so if you want a good spot, get there early! We did not use the gym, but it was very spacious and well equiped. The spa is beautiful, and we enjoyed a full body scrub, wrap and massage, and were very pleased with our massage therepists (the best massage I have ever had, definately recommend). Although it is much more expensive to use the resort spa over the street spas in town, I think the service you get far outweighs the cost.
Staff at the resort are what makes this place special. Everyone we met was extremely kind and went out of their way to help us. They would zoom up and down the hill in their golf carts to bring up anything we asked for, and we never had to wait long. Reception staff organised dinner and other restaurants, and island tours for us, as well as organising taxis, etc. We did not have to lift a finger, and we were never felt like we were asking too much. Another bonus is that the resort offers free drinking water to the rooms daily (and it is unlimited), which was great considering we were going through so much because of the heat!
The resort offers a shuttle bus into Chaweng and to Bophut. It is quite a way from the town and on top of a big hill (beautiful views). We loved the location (less people, very secluded), and had no problems getting around, but if you don't want to rely on taxis or like to walk places, then this place probably isn't for you. A taxi into Bophut will cost 300TBH and into Chaweng is 500 - don't pay any more than this! The shuttle bus service is very good, but there are not enough services running, and they are not at very convenient times. This is one area they could improve on, as it gets quite expensive paying for taxis all the time if you are going in and out of town. The road into the resort is very bumpy and is in desparate need of repair, which is why taxis charge so much, but don't let the road in fool you!
Overall, we were very pleased with our stay, and will be staying there again (maybe in a different room!) Thank you to all the staff for making our stay absolutely amazing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a hillside in the popular town of Bophut, Mantra Samui Resort offers guests some of the most spectacular panoramic views of Koh Samui's beautiful coastline. Guests can enjoy these views in peace while being only a short distance from countless shops, an array of local restaurants and some of the most stunning beaches you have ever seen. The complimentary shuttle bus service allows ease of travel to all of these local hotspots. The hotel has a wide range of comfortable yet luxurious rooms, most of which have an amazing ocean view. On-site facilities are available for guests to enjoy, including; superb cuisine at the View Restaurant, an infinity pool with wonderful views of the island, a variety of treatments at the ''Jai Spa'',offering complimentary classes daily, and a top of the range fitness center which is open from 6:00 am until 10 pm daily. Mantra Samui Resort also has a 24-hour staff-service for guests. If assistance is required at any time of the day, simply ask and one of the team will be happy to help. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Samui Hotel Bophut
- Mantra Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut