When you arrive at Mantra Samui Boutique Resort, you will be greeted by smiling Thai staff members who whisk away your luggage, usher you to a plush sofa, present you with a fragrant, cool washcloth, and serve you refreshing, sweet tea. First impressions are everything and, although Mantra only opened this October, they certainly know how to impress.
It’s difficult to chose your room type as they all have unique aspects. The Wow rooms are enormous and include a kitchenette. Our Love room showcased an expansive balcony with a grand Jacuzzi, sun bed, and stunning views of Koh Samui’s coastline. In addition, the room included a large gong to rouse your loved ones from slumber– this was our favorite feature! Our Cozy room boasted a homey atmosphere and had an even more exquisite view of Koh Samui’s coastline and the resort’s infinity pool. Finally, the Grand rooms keep families comfortable with separate living spaces, two bathrooms, and two kitchenettes.
Ubuntu Restaurant features stunning panoramic views of the sea and infinity pool while serving international and Thai cuisine. Our accommodations included a full breakfast which consisted of freshly blended juices, tea/coffee, assorted breads with jam, fresh fruit (pineapple, papaya, dragon fruit, and watermelon), cereal, and your choice of egg or pancake. We loved the pancake that was drizzled with warm, sweet banana, pineapple, or mango sauce. Absolute heaven!
During our eleven-day stay, the international (Italian) and Thai selections remained the same each day. An entrée ranged from $10- $25 USD, which was slightly higher than establishments of the same caliber located in Fisherman’s Village; however, considering Mantra is a 5-star resort, the prices were reasonable. Our favorite entree was the chicken cashew nut—the chicken was moist and succulent and the sauce (with its delicious cashews) was mild, yet incredibly flavorful. As for the Italian menu items, we also liked the buffalo cheese ravioli and homemade pasta. For dessert, we indulged in Ubuntu’s warm chocolate soufflé served with vanilla ice cream. It was delectable. We highly recommend dining at Ubuntu even if you aren’t staying at Mantra.
Mantra’s infinity pool is a show stopper. With stunning views of the Gulf of Thailand and the nearby island of Koh Phangan, you won’t want to venture too far. You can lounge on a sun bed, sip a cocktail at the swim up bar, or take a dip in the silky, smooth water. If heaven had a pool, this would be it.
At Mantra, you can enjoy a Thai or oil massage to unwind and relax. We tried both massages and unlike massages that we’ve had in the past, we felt invigorated and refreshed as opposed to exhausted and sluggish.
Mantra provides a shuttle to Fisherman’s Village or Chaweng Beach in the morning and afternoon. The only drawback of the shuttle is that the latest pick-up time from these locations is 5 pm. This means that you will need to find alternative transportation (i.e. taxi) back to the hotel if you want to enjoy dinner or an evening out. We also found that it’s best to notify reception an hour in advance to schedule your shuttle departure time.
The Mantra Samui Boutique Resort is one of the finest 5-star resorts that we have had the pleasure of experiencing. The staff is friendly, helpful, and full of smiles. If something isn’t right or the way you would like it, they will make sure your needs are met. Our only recommendation for Mantra is to consider adding more entertainment options, especially in the evening. Although Mantra is not a beach resort, you’ll be so captivated by this beautiful paradise that you won’t want to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a hillside in the popular town of Bophut, Mantra Samui Resort offers guests some of the most spectacular panoramic views of Koh Samui's beautiful coastline. Guests can enjoy these views in peace while being only a short distance from countless shops, an array of local restaurants and some of the most stunning beaches you have ever seen. The complimentary shuttle bus service allows ease of travel to all of these local hotspots. The hotel has a wide range of comfortable yet luxurious rooms, most of which have an amazing ocean view. On-site facilities are available for guests to enjoy, including; superb cuisine at the View Restaurant, an infinity pool with wonderful views of the island, a variety of treatments at the ''Jai Spa'',offering complimentary classes daily, and a top of the range fitness center which is open from 6:00 am until 10 pm daily. Mantra Samui Resort also has a 24-hour staff-service for guests. If assistance is required at any time of the day, simply ask and one of the team will be happy to help. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Samui Hotel Bophut
- Mantra Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut