1,942 results
All reviewslove roomsteep hillinfinity poolcozy roomwow roomsshuttle serviceshuttle busesfree shuttlegolf buggiesocean view roomour honeymoonfisherman's villagethe main roadbreakfast was amazinglarge balconyrent a scooterlittle touches
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Not being a resort kind of person I really did not know what to expect but the previous reviews sound quite promising. So it was quite a relief to discover that Mantra Samui Resort in Bophut was all it was said to be and more. I simply loved the place. From being picked up at the airport in one of their air-conditioned van at the start of the holiday to being dropped off at the end, Every thing at this resort was hassle free and ran super smoothly. The staff are very polite, helpful when needed and made you feel very welcomed and at home the minute you arrived.

The resort itself is set in the Bophut Hills away from the hussle and bussle of Chaweng but not far from Bophut's Fisherman Village which I preferred. Each chalet/villa has a wonderful view of the sea and and the next Island Koh Phangan. Large spacious well decorated airconditioned rooms, stuffed full mini bar with other variety of snack on the coffee table, endless supply of complimentary drinking water, a large balcony with your own private jacuzzi.

I knew instantly that I was going to love this joint!

I made it mostly for breakfast which for me was worth it and the view from the from the restaurant was the same from the chalet but higher up the hill right next to the infinity pool. The resort has a 24 hour room service which I use quite a bit as I eat alot when I am on holiday and the food was quite scrumptious. There is ever just a slight temptation never to leave this resort.

But I managed to make it to Chaweng and Bophut Fisherman village as the resort has a regular shuttle service for the guest which was a big plus. I also managed to visit Koh Phangan whilst but didn't quite make it to Koh Tao

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank OluOlu
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at the Mantra Samui in July for 3 nights. The place is outstanding with very large and modern rooms, extremely comfortable beds (we had a love jacuzzi room) and stunning view over the bay. The location is not on the beach and has lots of ups and downs which makes this place unique and ideal for couple, but not probably to families with kids. The staff is very kind and helpful and the food is good (especially being Italian it is hard to find such a great espresso and cappuccino abroad!). We found the place very good value for money, so we would definitely recommend it to friends and guests!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Olivia_Modena
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We are a family of 4, who looked for a place that caters for our, as well as the needs of our boys of 9 and 14. Mantra was the ideal choice. There is enough to do at the resort and altough it is not at the beach, the shuttle service to and from the resort is efficient. The staff were friendly and helpfull. We enjoyed the breakfast and the meals at the restaurant were good. I would recomend it to families that enjoy an active lifestyle. The Pool and gym facilities were outstanding and there is a squash court .

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank reishasie
Reviewed July 8, 2012

It is a beautiful hotel perched on a hill in samui..... not on the beach but has a gorgeous infinity pool and lovely rooms with sweet touches.....books to read for kids and grown ups on a little bookshelf in the room , a teddy to cuddle and if you fall in love with it you can buy and take him home. The food was excellent and the staff helpful......my kids love the place

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank richagupta_
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I recently spent one and half weeks at Mantra. The hotel is great, rooms are clean and furnished very nicely. The staff are very friendly and happy to help you with anything. They plan your trips, book your return flights/busses/trains. During my stay everything worked flawlessly.

The hotel is located on a mountain, which is both bad and good. The bad thing is it's fairly far away from the beaches, but to compensate for that the hotel offers free rides to Chaweng beach a few times per day. The good thing is the view. Being so high above the sea level offers every room a magnificent view over the sea.

If you are traveling with a family or with your loved one, Mantra is a wonderful place for you. If you are going with a group of friends looking for partying, choose a hotel closer to the beach.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo