“Very Good”

Ranked #18 of 185 Hotels in Bophut
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Very Good”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

The hotel upgraded our room to 'Love' which was very lovely and spacious with breathtaking view of the sea. The bathroom had no water at first but the staff came very soon and fixed it up quickly even it was 11pm at night. We went to the Fisherman's village the other day but we didn't book the shuttle bus back and they still sent a bus to take us back! The staffs were friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my stay with Mantra :). Buffet breakfast was wonderful. I love their homemade yoghurt. The swimming pool is ace. The hotel is located on the moutain so for those want easy access to the beach, mantra is not the best. For people who want a nice place to relax, mantra is perpect!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Robert M, Manager at Mantra Samui Resort, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Dear V O,

I am really glad you have enjoyed your stay at Mantra!
I share your love for our home made yoghurt and aggree with you that Mantra is a perfect place to relax!
I hope that we can have you back for some more relaxation! Thank you for your kind review! Robert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I had the time of my life at this gorgeous paradise! From the moment we checked in, to the moment we checked out, I felt like a princess. My friends and I never wanted to leave! If and when I ever make it to Koh Samui again, I will most definitely choose this resort. Thank you Mantra Samui Resort for making my vacation so amazing!
PS: Try the Salmon pizza with white sauce...yum!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Kelsie,

I love the title of your review, Thank you!
I am glad you felt like a princes and hope that you can make it again to Koh Samui so we could welcome you to Mantra again! Robert
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We travelled to Mantra for our honeymoon, after looking at the Trip Advisor reviews before travelling we were confident that we had made a good choice of hotel and we were not disappointed…
I emailed Mantra prior to traveling to arrange our airport pickup and as advised we were met at the airport by one of their drivers who was holding an IPad with our names on and transported to the hotel in an air conditioned jeep. We were greeted at the hotel with a fresh juice and cold towels before being taken to our room in one of the golf buggies.
We stayed in one of the WOW rooms, the decor of the room was lovely, it was clean, bright and spacious. The view was breath taking; as it was located at the top of the hill we probably had one of the best views available. We woke up really early on our first morning from jet lag and watched the sun rise it was beautiful.
FOOD – Breakfast is great, there is a selection of fruit, cold meats, salad, hot rice and noodle dishes and a selection of fresh bakery items. Each day we were greeted with a fresh fruit juice and offered a made to order breakfast from a selection of egg dishes which can be accompanied by bacon, sausage etc. Oh and try the banana pancakes they are amazing!! the quality of the dinner at the hotel is excellent but expect to pay double the price that you would in the local village.
FACILITES- The swimming pool has unbelievable views! My husband used the gym and commented on how impressed he was with the equipment available and again the view made his workout a whole lot more enjoyable. We used the movie library and WIFI every day.
SERVICE- The Mantra staff are all very helpful and are always smiling. The housekeeping staff did a good job . We used the shuttle service everyday as Mantra is at the top of a mountain you cannot get anywhere unless you use the shuttle or hire a scooter or car.
Overall we really enjoyed our stay, Mantra is a very relaxing hotel perfect for a honeymoon. There are quirky touches around the hotel that make it fun such as funky dog, the bird keys and climbing men. Keep up the good work MANTRA!

Room Tip: Wow room - they are at the top of the hill and have the most fantastic views- peaceful too.
1 Thank Blossom163
Dear Blossom163,

I am so glad that Mantra was "perfect" for your Honeymoon!
By reading your review I can see that you really took advantage of amost everything Mantra has to offer:
You enjoyed our pick up service, found our room to be lovely - with a breath taking view, liked our breakfast, worked out in the gym, watched the movies in the complimentary movie library and used the shuttle service.
I am so happy that you tried out so many things that we offer and that you appreciated our quirky details - I aldo love the climbing men.....
I would like to thank you for taking the time and writing a detailed review and would be very happy to have you with us again - perhaps on your first anniversary! Robert
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stayed at the Mantra Samui Resort with my wife and son (12) daughter (14). Its a truely unique and wonderful place. The pool is amazing with a breath taking view, the rooms were comfortable and spacious. The staff were always willing to help and very friendly and the food was delicious and catered well to our wide range of preferences. My wife who lived in Paris for four years described the croissants as the best she had ever had !

If you want an Indian Ocean type beach holiday this is not for you since the location is not on the beech and is not spectacular anyway but if you are looking to relax, have fun with people special to you in an amazing setting being looked after by a team who know how to make you feel at home this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Love rooms are smaller than Cozy rooms and more tailored to a honeymoon experience having an outdoor...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear Kathy P,

Better croissants than in Paris? Well thank you this is an amazing compliment!
I am so happy to read that you found mantra to be unique and that felt at home with us - this is our main purpose!
We are looking forward to have you and your family with us again! Robert
Reviewed March 31, 2012 via mobile

I recently spent 10 nights at Mantra Samui Resort in January for my sisters wedding and what a 'cheeky with love' experience it was.

An unforgetable tranquil paradise set amongst an oasis of palm trees, breathtaking views overlooking Bophut and a Mantra family you could almost call your own.

From arrival to departure, the genuity of the staff was both overwhelming and infectious. Warm hearted, genuine & funny staff full of passion made it very difficult to say goodbye. As a Hotel Manager in the north west tropics of Australia, I understand the importance of providing guests with a relaxing, comfortable and memorable experience and Mantra Samui Resort scores a 10/10.

The rooms were exceptional - the concept, interior designs and lighting were modern yet soft, warm and serene. The in room features & entertainment were a sight in themselves - free wifi, music, in house entertainment, large tropical styled bathrooms, jacuzzi (the love room) ensured pure luxury.

The restaurant food was unique to Mantra and it didn't dissapoint. The many different dishes available were full of both flavour and wow factor. The view from the restaurant both day and night made the in-dining experience magical. The cocktail list was impressive - cocktails made with fresh fruit and made with flare resulted in many a afternoon and night spent sitting at the swim up pool bar in pure bliss. The infinity pool was amazing, the water temperature perfect and the lounge area pool side pure relaxation.

I cannot thank Robert and his staff enough for everything they did for myself and my family whilst we were there. I am very lucky to say that I have had the 'cheeky with love' Mantra experience and I will be recommending Mantra to everyone and I will definitely  be back for another Mantra fix.

To all the staff at Mantra except Robert (laughs) - come to Broome, Australia and you will all have jobs - you are great people!!

Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Ash M
Dear Ash,

As you are a fellow hotel manager, your review means a lot to me!

I was very happy to read that you found our service to be 10/10 and that you found our rooms to be exceptional.
Amongst all Mantra was created for especially for wanderlust travellers, for people with hunger for new and unusual things and it is good to read that you appreciated Mantra exactly because we are different!
Thank you for your review Ash, my colleagues and I are looking forward to have you back for your Mantra Fix!
St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We have just spent 6 nights at the Mantra and absolutely loved it. The staff is amazing and you feel welcomed and cared for. Rooms are very nice, very clean, and the view of the sea is beautiful. The food at the restaurant is delicious, including the full breakfast. Yes, it is away from the hustle & bustle of Bo Phut, but there are shuttle buses that take you there at no extra charge. It feels very safe here - quiet & peaceful. It is nice to come back to after a day at Chaweng Beach or Fisherman's Village. You have a computer and free internet access in your room. The staff arranged a private tour for us which was wonderful. The pool is open 24 hours. Yes, the hill is steep, but there are golf carts to take you up or down. I enjoyed the challenge & good exercise in walking them. The only negative comment would be that the golf carts need more power, but I am sure this will be solved soon. We would highly recommend this hotel for families, honeymooners, or anyone who wants rest & relaxation with their holiday.

Room Tip: We were in the WOW rooms. Perfect for us. We enjoyed the view from so high up.
1 Thank Noreen H
Dear Noreen,

It is so nice to read that you loved your stay at the Mantra and that you found that food delicious!
I really appreciate that you took the time and wrote a review about Mantra and I would like to thank you for your kind words!
I am looking forward to have you with us again! Robert
New Delhi, India
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We recently spent our Samui vacation at Mantra Samui and stayed there for 3 nights. Its a very comfortable, cozy and nice boutique hotel. We were booked into a "WOW" room but got automatically upgraded to a "LOVE" room when we arrived which had big and spacious rooms and even had a jacuzzi on the open balcony. The beds were super comfortable too. I dont know if everyone gets upgraded coz we could not locate a "WOW" room in the property throughout our stay. Hotel also provides free internet service in all the rooms and common areas which was very convenient. I would like to specifically mention about the friendly and hospitable staff who took good care of us...especially my wife, who is a pure vegetarian. They took good care of her dietary requirements. Hotel has a fantastic view of the sea from the cliff where it is located.
However, the location of the hotel itself becomes one of its negative point. Being located on a cliff, it is quite away from the town and beach. It gets difficult to access places in Samui and one has to be totally dependent on the free fixed timing shuttles which the hotel provides or on paid taxis. Also, the hotel has a limited menu and food quality could further be improved.
Nevertheless, overall its a great place to stay and total value for money.

1 Thank rahul_lalit
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort
#1 of 30 in Mae Nam
Lanna Samui
Lanna Samui
#2 of 185 in Bophut

Been to Mantra Samui Resort? Share your experiences!