1,942 results
All reviewslove roomsteep hillinfinity poolcozy roomwow roomsshuttle serviceshuttle busesfree shuttlegolf buggiesocean view roomour honeymoonfisherman's villagethe main roadbreakfast was amazinglarge balconyrent a scooterlittle touches
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We recently spent our Samui vacation at Mantra Samui and stayed there for 3 nights. Its a very comfortable, cozy and nice boutique hotel. We were booked into a "WOW" room but got automatically upgraded to a "LOVE" room when we arrived which had big and spacious rooms and even had a jacuzzi on the open balcony. The beds were super comfortable too. I dont know if everyone gets upgraded coz we could not locate a "WOW" room in the property throughout our stay. Hotel also provides free internet service in all the rooms and common areas which was very convenient. I would like to specifically mention about the friendly and hospitable staff who took good care of us...especially my wife, who is a pure vegetarian. They took good care of her dietary requirements. Hotel has a fantastic view of the sea from the cliff where it is located.
However, the location of the hotel itself becomes one of its negative point. Being located on a cliff, it is quite away from the town and beach. It gets difficult to access places in Samui and one has to be totally dependent on the free fixed timing shuttles which the hotel provides or on paid taxis. Also, the hotel has a limited menu and food quality could further be improved.
Nevertheless, overall its a great place to stay and total value for money.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rahul_lalit
Reviewed March 28, 2012

we just had 2 weeks, 2 friends in the love suite. The breakfasts were huge tables of food, and the rooms were great. The pool is good, and the staff were great. Andrew the restaurant manager organized off menu requests, and so anything we wanted we had. everything is laid out to be what you want. we enjoyed the jakuzi, and in the day filled it with cold water, for our private pool on our own deck. The rooms are overlooked, so not beach solitude, it's a resort, but atmosphere is very relaxed. we enjoyed Mae nam beach, which is actually the nearest, and nights in bop hut, or at mantra. There are lots of things to do in samui, we just didn't do so much.

I enjoyed Sean's yoga classes. Size of the class was anything from 1-5 so I benefited from lots of adjustments and a class tailored to me, or the others in the group. Each class was fun, relaxing, hard- but enjoyable. The other teachers I tried but did not like, Sean had 5 classes in a week, but not everyday. The classes are most day at 4pm or 5pm. I would have preferred a better schedule. A morning class would have been better, or one when it was so hot outside. and before I ate that huge breakfast, and meant I missed out on happy hour poolside drinks at mantra when the fresh cocktails looked so delectable, it wasn't easy!!!

Room Tip: Love suite is good, verandahs are a definate necessity. maybe not near the restaurant. We had room 144. I guess the top rooms are more private, but you will have to walk 3 flights of stairs for that.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 28, 2012

The hotel is OK. It's a 4 star hotel. The rooms were big and very nice, but the hotel is very far from the beach. The food is not good, for lunch they only have pizzas and one option of burgers and hot dogs which was not good either. The hotel is new, so I think they can improve their menu as they gain experience.

People are very nice, service is very good, friendly staff.

Room Tip: The Love Room has a cool jacuzi and the rooms have great view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We stayed there for 5D4N.

Cons: The hotel was located on a hill so transportation was not so convenient, though the hotel provide free shuttles to and from airport. The hotel do not have a private beach and we need to take free shuttles to a beach in Chengwa managed by another hotel. Almost all of the beach chairs had already been booked by customers of that hotels. Moreover, there were only limited free shuttles to Chengwa beach and fisherman village.

Pros: The staff was really nice and helpful. They tried their best to entertain all my request promptly.The rooms were clean, tidy and well decorated. They provided computers, free internet assess, free wifi and iphone chargers. There was a long list of free movies inside the computer's playlist. The breakfast was delicious with a wide variety of homemade bread, egg benedicts/forentine/royale, fruits, coreal and yougut. For dinner, the food was made with high quality ingredients at a resonable price (though it was 2x more expensive than other local resturant in chengwa). The taste was modified to suit westerner so it may not meet your expectation if you really like Thai style. They had a infinity pool with spectacular view and reasonable size. Their well-equipped gym opened 24h a day and was free of charge, though the steam room and sauna closed at 10pm. They also had a SPA room with good service, although it is 50% more expensive than local ones in Chengwa. The SPA room did have a fantastic seaview and be well decorated.

In summary, this hotel provided high quality service and facilities at a resonable price. I will highly recommand other to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2012

My Partner and I were really looking forward to our stay at the Mantra Samui as we had been avidly reading all the reviews since it opened. We were not disappointed in any way. Words cannot describe your first view of the infinity pool- the panoramic vista is simply breathtaking. I spent ages just hanging off the edge of the pool staring out to sea. I just didnt want to leave. We had a LOVE room and it was stunning, so loved the authentic gong as a bedhead. Lovely big bathroom. VERY comfortable bed and pillows. It was great having a fresh juice and made to order coffee and egg selections to start off the lovely buffet. Very friendly and helpful staff, nothing was too much trouble. Mantra Samui is definitely worth experiencing.

Room Tip: We were on the top level of the Love rooms. Walked up 70 stairs to our room however needed the exercise after the great breakfast. Fitness does help. WOW room would have been fine for us in hindsight as we didnt have a lot of spare time to enjoy our balcony spa.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple