Stayed for 4 nights and enjoyed our stay once we decided to ignore that the advertised features aren't what you get. The biggest flaw is that the hotel did not deliver what they promote. Pick up from the airport in an old mini van (names handwritten on a piece of paper, no iPad as stated in their correspondence, hence no paperless check-in) with serious transmission issues making noises that one wondered if we ever make it up the hill. We came in early and the really helpful and friendly staff offered us a holding room until our own room was ready for us. The holding room was unfortunately so smelly that we sat most of the 2.5 hrs on the balcony. Once the room was ready we got a Wow room which is absolutely ok as that was what we booked but... please update your website because there it was written (and is still) that so far every guest received an upgrade to a cozy suite. The room itself is spacious. Drawbacks here were a really bouncy king size mattress, no chance to move without letting the other person feel each move at night and a refrigerator that we had to turn off during night due to the noise this thingy made. (not a regular hotel fridge but a normal small household fridge that should have no business in the same room where a bed is standing). The fact that they just opened in November suggests that they are brand new. They might be a new hotel but the buildings and rooms are not, they have seen years rather than months. The rooms do not have a PC, they have a media center which is ok for internet access. I needed MS Office, Open Office, whatever as even during holidays sometimes business crosses your path. I should have brought my Laptop which I did not because "Yes all our rooms come with a PC". There are many movies stored in the media center but the hotel management should think twice if it's a smart move to promote them as they do . They really should consider to respect other parties intellectual property instead of using it to their own advantage. Finally, the daily room make up was not consistent, consumable items were not refilled in a way you expect it from a 5 star hotel. So far, so good (or not)...
The good: The staff was really helpful and worked hard to make all guests happy. Nothing to complain about at all incl. all reception, restaurant and fitness room staff. All of them were around with smiles all day long and that gave the whole stay a very positive touch. The breakfast was good, we've got worse in other 5 star hotels. The fitness room was brilliant, the pool above average. We liked the location as we were looking for something quiet and remote and this was exactly what we got. The views to the sea and Ko Phangan are magnificent. All in all we enjoyed our stay but we needed to adjust our expectations on day one. If you are really looking for a 5 star experience with the kind of consistent quality bigger intl. hotels offer then this is not the place for you to go. If you can accept the smaller issues in life you might have a place where you can spend some wonderful days. They really should keep a lower profile on their website and impress the guests with the qualities they really have.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a hillside in the popular town of Bophut, Mantra Samui Resort offers guests some of the most spectacular panoramic views of Koh Samui's beautiful coastline. Guests can enjoy these views in peace while being only a short distance from countless shops, an array of local restaurants and some of the most stunning beaches you have ever seen. The complimentary shuttle bus service allows ease of travel to all of these local hotspots. The hotel has a wide range of comfortable yet luxurious rooms, most of which have an amazing ocean view. On-site facilities are available for guests to enjoy, including; superb cuisine at the View Restaurant, an infinity pool with wonderful views of the island, a variety of treatments at the ''Jai Spa'',offering complimentary classes daily, and a top of the range fitness center which is open from 6:00 am until 10 pm daily. Mantra Samui Resort also has a 24-hour staff-service for guests. If assistance is required at any time of the day, simply ask and one of the team will be happy to help. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mantra Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Samui Hotel Bophut
- Mantra Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut