“Amazing Mantra Samui”

Ranked #18 of 186 Hotels in Bophut
Sydney, Australia
“Amazing Mantra Samui”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Amazing hotel!! Got a very good deal, brand new hotel although the location is a little bit secluded and it is quite far away from the beach (you cant walk to the beach, it is on top of the mountain). Would be perfect for anyone who wants some private time. A little bit hard to go anywhere, although the hotel do provide regular bus transfer to Fishermen Village and Chaweng Beach. Be mindful tho, you MUST BOOK in advance or you will be left behind (it happened to us). We booked the bus to go to Fishermen Village but didnt realize that we had to also book for the return trip, we waited for 30 mins just to realise that the bus didn't come (and it was the last scheduled return bus), so we had to go back by private taxi (cost us about B300). Despite this, we really really enjoyed our time in the hotel. The staffs were very friendly and helpful (I was sick, the staffs didn't mind taking my boyfriend to go to a pharmacy to get some medicine despite the late hours), the food were great, the pool was amazing. And also, the room was hugeeee ( we stayed in the love suite)! We would come back!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank poy_girl
Robert M, Manager at Mantra Samui Resort, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Dear Poy_Girl,

It is very very nice to read how much you enjoyed Mantra!

I am truly sorry for the misunderstanding regarding the return transfers. they need to be booked in advance so we know exactly whom we ned to pick up and when. Since your review I have put an even higher empasis on informing our Guests about this.

I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay in Mantra and we welcome you back with open hearts!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brighton, East Sussex
Reviewed February 17, 2012

We have been here for 4 days and have almost another week to go. If you are hesitating (even after after all the good reviews) JUST DO IT - you will love it. It is 5* but with a little quirkiness which makes it a bit different. The staff are soooooo friendly & helpful - anything to make your stay a good one. When we checked in, we were taken by buggy to a Wow room right at the top of the complex. Yes, the view & the room were truly WOW but it was too steep for my husband as he has recently had hip surgery. We asked to move and were upgraded to a Cozy room right by the pool - an even more amazing room (actually more like an apartment as it has 2 bedrooms a lounge & a huge bathroom.) All this was done with a smile! One day I hope to be able to come back & have a Love room with a jaccuzzi bath on the balcony - then I will know I have truly made it!
The breakfasts are wonderful but if there was any complaint at all, it is that we did not enjoy our evening meal very much & felt it was over-priced. However having said that, it was a one off experience & we will give it another chance.
We have hired a scooter to get around as the hotel is up a steep incline & too far to walk for restaurants etc. It is only about six pounds a day from the hotel. Taxis cost six pound each way into town.
There are a restricted number of sun-beds around the pool but I am told that more are being delivered today & actually it isn't much of a problem as there are plenty of places to sit.
In conclusion: Thoroughly recommend if you want a chill out holiday - the staff are the best.

Room Tip: Room 224 is right next to the pool & restaurant therefore the best for families with young child...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bookworm77
Dear Bookworm77,

The title of your review is "Fantastic Mantra" and this is exactly how I felt upon reading your review!
I am personally responsible for some of the quirky ideas in Mantra so it is very good to read that you appreciate this!
I am very satisfied that my colleagues have upgraded you to a COZY Room and I am truly happy that you enjoy it!
I would like to thank you for giving our restaurant a second chance I hope you have enjoyed your meal the second time!

It was great to read that you like your room and love our breakfast, but the best for me is the compliment you have given to my colleagues. Thank you! Robert
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Amazing holiday, honestly recommend it to everyone who want to experience a particularly beautiful vacation at a dreamful spot. Charming staff on whom you can count in all situations, delicious cuisine, breathtaking view... everything or even more you van emagine for a perfect stay. If anyone has the chance to go for it, should not hesitate just do it!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Eszter W
Dear Eszter W,

I told my colleagues that you have called them Charming and you should have seen the smile on their faces:) Thank you for writing a review and we are looking forward to have you and your family with us! Robert
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed February 12, 2012

This place was a total dream! First-hand account and some pictures here:

and here, point # 2 talks about Mantra:

Room Tip: Cozy Suite ALL THE WAY! Huge and romantic.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Elina V
Robert M, Manager at Mantra Samui Resort, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Dear Elina,

Thank you very much for your detailed review on your blog! I could not agree more with your post about working out during holidays:) I am happy that you have enjoyed your stay in the COZY Suite and would love to have you back with us again! We dreamed of creating a wonderful place and you called Mantra a "total dream". It melted our hearts. Thank you! Robert
Reviewed February 11, 2012

The staff and the hotel,the eat and the programmes,the weather and the nature is aaaaaall fantastic,i enjoyed so much this 2 weeks what i spend there,i can recommend for everyone!Its a really good quality hotel,i liked the bathroom the most with the shower room with stones,that is amazing!;)))Goooo and visit this beauthyful island with this hotel,why u will have a really enjoyable stay there!;)))Thanks Mantraaaaa!!;)))Cheeky with Love:*

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank NicoletteBalassa
Dear Nikolette,

Thank you for your cheeky and lovely words! I am happy that you have had fun in Mantra and we are looking forward to have you with us by our pool again! I am glad that you could take time an write a review of Mantra Thank You Very Much!
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I decided to go with Mantra as I only read great things about them on Tropadvisor and I can tell you, they did not disappoint!! From the moment we checked in, all through our stay, we were looked after. The staff is just amazing, always smiling and happy to assist you with any request you have!

The rooms are absolutely divine. Very spacious and great views. I stayed in one of their Family suites and there was ample space to just relax and hang around, without feeling boxed in. The Telly doubles up as a computer and your free to serve the net any time of day. Wifi is also complimentary everywhere which is great if you have a smart phone!!

The pool area is my favourite as it is a place you can really just relax. The views are, again, just breathtaking and the staff is always close at hand to serve you delicious cocktails!!

Breakfast at Mantra is an experience on its own!! There are several different ways you can have your eggs, loads of fresh breads and pasties to choose from and the fresh fruit is out of this world!!

All and all Mantra really is the best of the best. So much effort has been put into personal details that you do really feel pampered and special! I'm already planning my next visit!!

Thank you Mantra for making my stay so wonderful!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Sue M
Dear Sue,

I would like to let you know that it was very nice to talk to you and you and your friends were really lovely to have here in Mantra.
It is heart warming to read how much you have enjoyed your room and your breakfast in Mantra. You are definitely exoected to be back in Mnatra because you are missed from our pool! Robert
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 10, 2012

My partner and I stayed at Mantra and had a wonderful time! We loved Mantra and Samui both so much we actually extended our stay, twice!!

When we arrived I was delighted to find Mantra literally built into the side of a mountain, which gives you an amazing view down to the water. The restaurant and infinity pool are located so you can really take advantage of the view. My partner and I spent the better part of one day just drinking cocktails in the swim up bar and chatting to the friendly staff.

Location wise Matra is convenient if you have your own transport such as a moped. It takes only a few minutes to get to Fisherman's village and you can be in Chewang in about ten minutes.

When we arrived the staff gave us a complementary upgrade to the Love Room, which includes a massive and comfortable bed, large bathroom with twin basins and also a spa bath and day bed on the balcony overlooking the water! A great point of difference about Mantra is having a PC in your room, with a large wall mounted screen. You can access free internet, watch TV, or access their large library of movies, all free! This was especially useful when I was bed-bound for a day with a bad cold. You can also access free wi-fi if you have an iPhone or similar.

The breakfast here appears to focus on more western style food, but with a definate Asian influence. Most days I had eggs or pancake, or both, with fruit and pastries. The staff are also very warm and accommodating when you're a little late to breakfast as well, which is nice to know when you're on holidays! Although Thai food is not on the room service menu, if you ask for it then will make it! My partner and I ordered a duck noodle soup and green curry chicken. Neither were on the menu and both were amazing! It would be great to see the hotel actually include Thai food on the menu given it is available if you ask.

We rented a moped via the hotel which was convenient as we didn't have to travel anywhere to return it on checkout.

We found out Mantra has been open for a few months, and the staff really give the impression of trying to create a warm environment, where all your needs and wants will be attended to. Nothing appears to be a problem, and this attitude really made our stay at a beautiful hotel even more enjoyable. I would definately stay here again!

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank r v
Dear R V,

Let me start by saying how rewarding it is to read that you like Mantra! Nothing makes that clearer to me than the fact that you have extended your stay twice. I am truly honored to be able to work with an amazing group of colleagues whom are genuinely happy to create amazing expereices.
I am happy to read the you find our PC and movie library useful - my wife have spent (and constantly spends) countless hours finding great movies!
After reading your suggestion regarding the in room menu, we have immediately printed out our menu and we distribute it to all arriving guests together with the Mantra Passport. Thank you very much for the advice and for taking the time and writing about Mantra!
It would be great to have you with the Mantra family again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bophut
Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort
#2 of 186 in Bophut
Code
Code
#1 of 30 in Mae Nam

Been to Mantra Samui Resort? Share your experiences!