“Very good sea views, with excellent wines and food”

Full Moon Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 506 Restaurants in Bophut
Cuisines: International, Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Experience our signature char grill restaurant, on an elegant and intimate, al fresco deck overlooking the resort’s charming lily pond garden and shoreline infinity pool. Discover tableside cooking that creates a personalised and innovative dining journey, with an expert salt guru offering a refined and flavor enhancing experience. Savor a signature a la carte menu that features the finest from the “land and the ocean”; from freshly caught seafood to tender melt-in-the mouth meats, all grilled to perfection.
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Full moon restaurant is in the Anantara Bophut hotel and serves a sophisticated Surf/turf type menu. Top class ingredients with views over the sea. Would recommend if you want a peaceful romantic location and meal

2  Thank macneillfamily
FullMoon_FBManager, Manager at Full Moon Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear macneillfamily,
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the ambiance, food and our service in Full Moon Restaurant. We appreciate your compliments and recommendation. We are looking forward welcoming you back. Kind Regards.

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

We ate at Full Moon a couple of nights ago following a recommendation in the Koh Samui dining guide. The restaurant is beautiful, food was amazing and service was impeccable. Would definitely recommend for a special meal out.

1  Thank laurajb82
FullMoon_FBManager, Manager at Full Moon Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear laurajb82,
Thank you for praising our outlet, service, food and for a recommendation! We highly appreciate your feedback and we hope to welcome you soon again! Kind Regards.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

We had the degustation menu with the wine matching and it was absolutely excellent. The restaurant overlooks the beautiful infinity pool and ocean. Such a beautiful setting for a romantic evening. We loved it!!

2  Thank Lisa G

Dear Lisa G,
Thank you for your excellent comment on the TripAdvisor.
We are very happy to receive such a positive feedback and we hope to welcome you soon again!
Kind Regards

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Had dinner and drinks with my wife and our "almost adult" children last Sunday and after spending 10 days (so far) at Koh Samui and eating in many different restaurants, I can say with no hesitation that this is absolutely the best dinner we have had.

We had all different starters and main courses. Everything was cooked to perfection. My wife's Tuna was most likely the best tuna I have tasted since I lived at the Canary Islands, 20 years ago.
The service was charming and attentive. The small inserts of knife-selecting and the salt and oil buffet brought to the table, added to our overall great experience.

The restaurant, the atmosphere and the surroundings will most likely make our next stay on Samui at Anantara.

2  Thank Ljungskog
FullMoon_FBManager, Manager at Full Moon Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear Ljungskog,
It is an absolute pleasure to receive an overall rating of 5/5 as well as your fantastic comment about Tuna Dish. We truly appreciate the fact that you took time to share feedback following your recent visit. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another special dining experience! Best Regards.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

We had dinner here recently (2 adults). Unfortunately, the experience left a sour taste in my mouth.

The food was nothing special, not bad, not great. For the prices they are charging, you are better off at H Bistro next door honestly. After being underwhelmed with our mains, we chose to forgo dessert.

To be fair, the service was good, and the waitress was attentive.

What I really have an issue with is how they handled themselves when it came to leaving. The waitress brought a folder over with a business card and a piece of paper with the Trip advisor symbol on it. She asked me if I used TA and I said yes. She asked me would I be willing to write a review on the meal we had. When I replied yes (which I was going to do anyway), she then proceeded to give me a 20% discount voucher (hand written and signed on the business card) for use for the duration of our stay in Bophut.

I really don't like being pressured to write reviews and I really felt like I was being bribed to write one. A really good restaurant would be able to stand on it's own, it shouldn't need to be providing incentives to customers to write reviews. Underhanded and questionable tactics by the restaurant. Very disappointing.

I won't be returning that's for sure.

2  Thank stephfennell
FullMoon_FBManager, Manager at Full Moon Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear stephfennel
We appreciate your visit and feedback about the food and my sincere apology for the inconvenience we caused you. I have investigated your feedback with my team and agree that it certainly could have been handled much better from our side.
In conclusion I have to say that we followed your suggestion and very deeply discussed the way (sometimes not easy for our local service staff) we had approached Guest towards submitting comment on TA. The only reason which can be considered in that case is our great appreciation for an every single comment (positive or negative), which is helping us to deliver and improve our service further. Should you plan returning to Koh Samui I would appreciate if you could get in touch with me directly and I will arrange another Full Moon experience for you that you will be able to enjoy. Kind Regards.